The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$280
$305
$291
Westbury Hotel
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$261
$224
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
3,955 results
All reviewssaddle roomlord mayor's loungeheritage roomirish constitutionbeautiful hotelfive star hotelst stephensmain bargrafton streetturn down servicetrinity collegetemple barmarriottconciergeirelanddoormanluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. We arrived very early and our room wasn't ready, which was ok because we rented a car and drove around the countryside for the afternoon. There was a Europcar rental place in walking distance. Once we got back, our bags were in our rooms. We took a nice nap (after traveling from San Diego) and then headed out on the town. There were plenty of places to eat and shop within walking distance from the Shelbourne. St. Stephan's Green is also across the street, which is a great area to go running or to take a walk.

We had breakfast here every morning. Service was fast and the staff was very polite. One morning, the only morning we were pressed for time, the kitchen messed up our order somehow and we waited at least 30 minutes for our Shelbourne Benedict. Other than that, the service at breakfast was great. We were always welcome by the staff as we walked through the hotel.

Our rooms were clean and spacious. They had plus-ins for our (American) electronics, but only 1 or 2, I can't remember, so I had to do my hair at the desk, but that's not a big deal. The hotel may be old, but everything inside is updated. Our bathroom was very modern and the room was very clean. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent trip to Dublin. I was delighted to read of your experience and have noted that you enjoyed yourself. Your feedback on breakfast is very helpful and I will endeavour to follow up with our team.

The US adaptor sockets in our rooms are very helpful and extras can be called for if needed. Thank you once again for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent trip. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Arrived at hotel at 1 pm to be told room ready at 3 pm, not a problem so came back at 4 to be told still not ready, waited for 20 mins while room being sorted and was asked for credit card details for a second time which girl wrote down on a piece of paper, not permitted under any circumstances!!! First room showed to tiny and no bath, second room not bad only problem being hum coming from office block 3 feet away from window and tiny TV seventeen feet away from bed. Forget about this place it's for Americans who maybe visit Ireland once or twice. Jane was excellent at trying to sort out my stressful and very horrible stay at this substandard hotel. Don't think about the swimming pool, freezing cold with no jacuzzi.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank redknife
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Shelbourne Hotel. I was disappointed to read of your experience. I would be delighted to discuss the issues you have mentioned in more detail. Please do not hesitate to contact me by email at rhi.dubbr.guest.relations@renaissancehotels.com . I would be delighted to assist.

I regret not having the opportunity to discuss your stay during your stay and was delighted to read that my colleague was able to assist you. I Look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Rooms are very very clean and elegant. They offer everything you need. The breakfast is healthy and delicious and the service is stupendous. The SPA is amazing, not too big and crowded. It has a very young active/sporty SPA atmosphere. This is how you relax after a strenuous day of cycling/jogging and hiking.We would come again anytime! For everything else, the employees always have an open ear. There are unbelievably friendly and attentive staff! what more could one ask for. Highly recommended! We had a great time. In a nutshell, absolute top class service hotel which is quiet and it's central location makes it the perfect holiday.

Room Tip: Take the rooms facing the stephens greens.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Shelbourne Hotel. I was very much pleased to read your wonderful review and I am pleased also to note that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Shelbourne Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed here in January this year. The room was clean, but I found someone else's leftover salad in the fridge and it took 3 hours for someone to come and take it away! Go early for breakfast we went down at about 8:30, by the time we were leaving the queue was a mile long. Also there were a lot of tables free in the residents bar but the staff still made us give the room number and stand outside for a few minutes to be seated.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jac95
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Shelbourne Hotel. I was disappointed to read that you did not fully enjoy your stay and would like to thank you for providing this feedback.
I would be delighted to discuss the feedback mentioned with you directly. Please feel free to contact me directly at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards
Sophie Hird, Guest Relations Executive
rhi.dubbr.guest.relations@renaissancehotels.com

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights and really did not enjoy our stay. The carpet in the room was not clean and it was old dirt that had not been treated for a while. The restaurant is the most fantastic comfortable setting you could find but the food was very poor. We thought that €9.60
for a beefeater gin and tonic was a little too expensive along with €6.50 for a pint or bottle of Heineken. There seemed to be a lot of young single ladies hanging out in the bar.
I am afraid it took 20 minutes to retrieve our car even though we had phoned down for it, and when we returned in two hours to collect our luggage it took half an hour to get same also. Very disappointed with this hotel and I could not recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank damian044
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Shelbourne Hotel. I was disappointed to read that you did not fully enjoy your stay and thank you for providing this feedback. I would be delighted to discuss some of the items you mention at your earliest convenience.

I would be remiss if I did not mention that our bar prices are inline and competitively priced against other local 5star hotels. I regret not having the opportunity to discuss these issues on check out and look forward to hearing from you.

My email is rhi.dubbr.guest.relations@renaissancehotels.com.