“In The Heart of the City”

The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
Ranked #19 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed August 29, 2013

our stay at the Shelbourne was excellent! The hotel is in City Center and convenient to everything. Grafton Street is a short walk and so aren't many pubs and restaurants. The hotel had very friendly and efficient staff. Wake up calls, extra service from housekeeping and information about attractions etc. were only a phone call away. When we arrived at 5:30 in the morning, they quickly found a room for us to sleep in until ours was ready. Great service in an historical and gracious hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words and for providing us with your feedback. It was a pleasure to have you with us and to be at your service. It was our pleasure to assist you with an early check in and to accommodate you while you waited on your room.

I will mention your kind words of praise to our team as they will be delighted to hear that you had a stay of memorable luxury. I look forward to welcoming you back.

JD Flynn

Write a ReviewReviews (3,827)

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We only stayed one night at The Shelbourne, but wished we had booked more nights here. Everything was first class all the way. The location is perfect. The front desk staff went out of there way to make our stay very special. We were upgraded to a suite. The only negative is the sevice in the Bar 27 can be a bit slow....it is very crowed and a good people watching spot....still loved everything about it.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Shelbourne Hotel. It is a shame that we could not have you with us for longer as it would have been our pleasure. Thank you for your feedback. I hope to welcome you back to The Shelbourne Hotel soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I love staying at Shelbourne hotel on my business trips to Dublin. Great location, extremely beautiful hotel with so much history. Having a pot of tea in their cozy tea launge is always my preference after a busy day.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback and for rating The Shelbourne Hotel 5 Tripadvisor Stars. It was a pleasure to have you with us. Tea in The Lord Mayors Lounge sounds like the perfect way to unwind after a busy day. You will have to try The Shelbourne Spa on your next stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Shelbourne hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Beautiful decor, great staff, good location, wonderful breakfast. Stayed on Arrival in Dublin and again night before departure. I couldn't believe that most of the staff recognized us and remembered our name, after travelling around Ireland for a week. I highly reccomend staying here. They had their act together, always.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room has a good view. Because of construction, view was a disapointment.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Shelbourne Hotel. It was a pleasure to have you return to us during your stay in Ireland. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the team. Your positive feedback will be a great motivator to all our associates.

Thank you for recommending us to future guests. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Shelbourne is centrally located on St Stephens Green. The park is across the street and lovely. You're minutes from everything-- Grafton Street, Trinity College -- everything is within walking distance. The hotel is a grand old dame-- the facilities quite lovely. The people at the fromt desk were very nice. However, the double beds in our rooms were very small. We booked the hotel through Aer Lingus and clearly those bookings get lesser rooms. Throughout Ireland, we've had lovely large rooms or two rooms for my family of 4. We arrived here and our room has the smallest double beds I've ever encountered. Even my children were on top of each other. We all had difficulty sleeping. Couple that with a view of interior walls and other people's rooms-- this was a great disappointment. I asked about an upgrade and was told no-- unless we paid an additional 100 euros. I was surprised that empty rooms go empty as opposed to satisfying guests. If you book here, and I don't know that I will again, be sure to specify the size of your bed-- not a double - and request a view of the park or or of the city.
I contacted guest relations and received no response.
Breakfast came with our room and was a big buffet style. There was lots to choose from and we were quite pleased with it.

Room Tip: Don't book a double room if you are sharing a bed and request a view of the city or park.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Luv2TravelNJ15

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Shelbourne Hotel. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed the location and the grandeur of “The Old Dame”. I am surprised and disappointed to read that you were not fully satisfied with your rooms. I can assure you that we hold no other booking in lesser regard than another. Our guest’s satisfaction and experience is our top priority.

I would like to investigate your stay a little further and I would urge you to contact me at your earliest convenience. My email is rhi.dubbr.guest.relations@renaissancehotels.com

Thank you for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin’s most distinguished address for your recent stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed in the Shelbourne Hotel last Saturday night. We really enjoyed our stay. Our room was beautiful and the staff were very friendly and attentive. We ate in the Saddle Room and the food was delicious and reasonably priced too. The spa area is very nice and a welcome addition to the hotel. A lovely experience all around and the service in the hotel was second to none !

Dear guest,

We were delighted to have you and your husband with us and for your stay and dining in The Saddle Room restaurant. I very much appreciate your kind words about the service and The Spa.

Thank you for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublins most distinguished address. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for our wedding anniversary at the Shelbourne. Guest Relations and reservations were great in arranging my requests for arrival to surprise my wife.
It is a busy Hotel, but they coped well, taking good Care of us all through the stay.
We would love to return!

• Stayed: August 2013
GuestRelationsDublin, Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The Shelbourne, here on TripAdvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Shelbourne very soon.

Kind regards