The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
$164
$347
Westbury Hotel
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$144
Hotels.com
$173
$164
$204
$195
Orbitz.com
3,989 results
All reviewssaddle roomlord mayor's loungeheritage roomirish constitutionbeautiful hotelfive star hotelst stephensmain bargrafton streetturn down servicetrinity collegetemple barmarriottconciergeirelanddoormanluxury
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Very welcoming, accommodating, organised. Fantastic breakfasts and ideal facilities for business meetings. Excellent location. All rooms with ironing facilities, umbrellas. Feel really comfortable, a home away from home.

Room Tip: All rooms I've been to were spacious and well-appointed.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of The Shelbourne Hotel, a renaissance hotel. I am glad that you found the hotel to your satisfaction for your business needs.
Thank you again for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent trip to Dublin. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed Monday and Tuesday night this week, my husband got a great midweek rate, I have always wanted to stay in the shelbourne and this was a birthday treat for me.

I know that five star hotels should have excellent customer service but I have stayed in some five stars that couldn't match the shelboune, each and every staff member that we met over the two days made eye contact and were genuinely friendly.

We had drinks the first night in the large bar, no. 27 and the horseshoe bar the second night, you can feel the history all around you, the First irish constitution was signed here but we couldn't see the relevant room as it was occupied.

We had afternoon tea in the lord mayor,s lounge and it was superb, it wouldn't be my husband's idea of an afternoon but he really enjoyed it, we spent two hours relaxing, reading papers and eating great food.

Breakfast on both days was great, the restaurant is truly beautiful.

From the doormen to the cleaners to the waiters everyone was wonderful, we are hoping to stay here twice a year as a treat and while it is a little pricey you get what you pay for. I'm in business myself so I understand how important customers are, well done everyone you could show many a hotel nationaly and internationaly a thing or two.....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rhysethan

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of The Shelbourne Hotel and for choosing us for your break away. I am sorry that you did not get to see the Constitution suite as it has held much of its old world charm and one can still imagine the people that drew up the famous document sitting around the grand table.

Thank you for your gracious comments about our team of associates. I will pass the comments along to the respective heads of departments to inform them of you satisfaction. I am glad to note that you enjoyed afternoon tea in The Lord Mayors Lounge and that you found it relaxing and superb.

I look forward to welcoming you back. Should you need any assistance for future bookings with any requests please do not hesitate to contact me. I would be delighted to assist.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I booked my parents into the Shelbourne for a special milestone anniversary. I was so pleased with the lovely reception they received as guests. A very kind and nice Croatian lady at the front desk upgraded them to a suite because of the special occasion. Their upgrade was a wonderful large suite with views of St.Stephens Green, it had an entrance hall, living room, bedroom and bathroom, all of which were large and luxurious. With the turn-down service they received wine and chocolates along with rose petals on the bed. They really enjoyed the breakfast in the saddle room the next morning, as well as their evening drinks in the Horseshoe Bar. My parents told me how all the staff were so welcoming and polite. I'm thrilled that all the staff made such a fuss of them and made them feel so special. My family and I will always make a point of visiting and bringing any business to this great hotel. Many thanks Shelbourne, from a very grateful daughter!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StandardTraveller

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the experience that you parents had at The Shelbourne Hotel. We were delighted to have them for such a special occasion. I am glad that our team could be of assistance and I will pass the message along to them, as it will be a great motivator to hear how they enjoyed their stay.

I am glad that they enjoyed many aspects of the hotel from the Horseshoe bar to the breakfast in The Saddle Room restaurant. Should you or your family need any assistance for future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would be delighted to assist.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Didnt stay, was up the road, but had a few drinks in the bar. The setting is classic and the hotel has a fascinating history hence our visit. The bar was full and the table service was annoyingly slow, but still had a good time.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of Bar No.27. I am disappointed and surprised to note of the issue you had. Should you wish to further discuss your experience, I would be delighted to hear more. We strive for excellence at The Shelbourne Hotel and feedback is always welcome.

Thank you again for choosing the Shelbourne Hotel to visit on your travels. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have nothing but praise for this hotel. A friend and I stayed here on Sunday, 10th February 2013 and it was our first stay at the hotel. It was so busy on arrival because of the rugby and the fact that the Irish team were staying here as well. There was a wonderful 'buzz' and the staff were everywhere, very attentive and so good at their jobs. Our room was a deluxe twin and it was spacious, clean and so lovely. The beds and pillows were perfect. It was quiet and we heard very little from outside. We dined in the restaurant that night and the food was perfect. A lovely selection of all courses. It was comfortable and we received great service. Later we stayed in the residents area where there was table service of both beverages & light food. A very special thank you to Paul - Concierge, who was extremely attentive to us. I would recommend The Shelbourne as a perfect hotel for any occasion and if you are not staying - pop in for a drink or afternoon tea. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: From what I could tell - all the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bettytrollop12

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Shelbourne Hotel, A renaissance hotel on your recent trip to Dublin. I am delighted to note that you fully enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you found the hotel to your satisfaction. Paul will be delighted to hear that you appreciated his service. I will pass the comments along to him.

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Shelbourne Hotel. Should you need any further assistance for future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would be delighted to assist.

Kind regard,