The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$280
$211
$192
$236
$192
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$256
$141
$137
Orbitz.com
3,955 results
All reviewssaddle roomlord mayor's loungeheritage roomirish constitutionbeautiful hotelfive star hotelst stephensmain bargrafton streetturn down servicetrinity collegetemple barmarriottconciergeirelanddoormanluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Spent a few days here in November, and was extremely pleased. Everyone of the staff (and there are a lot of them) were not only helpful but also always very pleasant.
Rooms would be considered large, so are huge by Euro standards.
Again, this is a first rate property, and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your review of The Shelbourne Hotel. I am delighted to read that our team and our rooms were both to your satisfaction. Thank you for recommending us as a place to stay for future guests.

I will pass along your positive comment to the team who will be delighted with your feedback. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Spent 3 nights here this week.....
Warm smiles greet you and you are made to feel important the second they see you.
Room lovely, First rate clean.
Dinner ever night in the Lords Mayors lounge and atmosphere was so relaxing.

I was here on business and travel on my own and it is the first hotel I have looked forward to coming back to in the evening.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at The Shelbourne Hotel. Thank you for your kind feedback. I am glad that our team were able to make you feel comfortable and relaxed.

I am also glad to hear that we were able to meet both your business needs and your leisure needs. We too look forward to you returning. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any assistance with your future stays.

Also, thank you for the extra star...

JD

Reviewed January 9, 2013

It had been a while since we stayed here and with all thats happened over the past few years were unsure of what to expect. There was no reason to worry - from valet parking, through reception and room service the staff were excellent. Our room and sleep quality was perfect. Our breakfast in the Saddle Room topped off a great stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Shelbourne has returned to it's top rating in Dublin. A room overlooking St. Stephen's Green is an added bonus
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to return to The Shelbourne Hotel, we were delighted to welcome you back. I am glad that you found the hotel had not lost any of its historic reverence and that from check-in to check-out you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

You have paid us three great compliments. You have written this very kind review, you have returned to The Shelbourne and you have recommended us to others. For this we are eternally grateful.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Shelbourne Hotel.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

One of the iconic Dublin hotels and looking good following refurbishment over recent years. The place exudes elegance from a bygone era. A pre-Christmas lunch for two was greatly enjoyed and their table d’hôte menu provided everything we wanted at a reasonable price. They have a mouth watering selection of wines, albeit many at eye watering prices. The restaurant is a bit formal, but is well suited to its clientele and the staff’s welcome was warm and genuine. I have eaten here several times this year and have enjoyed each meal. I still can’t resist ordering a glass of cream sherry in bar before lunch and watching the bar staff trying to figure out what I want, where the bottle is and what glass to pour it into. I would strongly recommend a lunch here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am delighted to have read that you enjoy lunch at The Saddle room restaurant. You pay us a great compliment by returning each time.
Our mouth-watering wine list is hand selected by our in-house Sommelier, who keeps a constant eye on the market to remain competitive with other 5 star establishments.

Thank you also for your feedback on your pre-lunch drink selection, we will build on this for the next time you arrive for lunch.

We are very grateful to you for recommending us to our future customers and I look forward to welcoming you back to lunch again soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our family had 2 wonderful nights at the Shelbourne Hotel pre Christmas. We enjoyed every moment of our stay. The management and staff of this hotel have got everything just right. Professional, attentive, courteous and welcoming. The rooms which were overlooking St Stephens Green were comfortable and relaxing. Afternoon tea was delicious. Breakfast full of excellent choices. Lunch in the Saddle room is not to be missed. Excellent menu and service.
The location of the Shelbourne is perfect for shopping and sightseeing in Dublin. We can't wait to return soon.

Room Tip: Request a heritage room overlooking St Stephens Green
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback of your experience at The Shelbourne Hotel.

I am delighted to note that you fully enjoyed your stay and that you got a chance to sample many of the hotels facilities and all were to your satisfaction. Thank you very much for these kind comments. I will pass these along to my team as they will be delighted to hear that their efforts have made their mark, with the end result being an extremely happy guest.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Please contact me should you need any assistance with any requests you may have. I am delighted to be at your service.