4,147 results
All reviewssaddle roomlord mayor's loungeheritage roombeautiful hotelfive star hotelst stephensmain bargrafton streetturn down servicetrinity collegetemple barmarriottconciergeirelanddoormanluxuryslippers
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Good staff. Got upgraded to JFK suite which was wonderful. Food was excellent, very nice breakfast also. Efficient service. Just a little toooo many "good morning sir" as I walked about, felt like a parade ground moment ! Would happily return.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to The Shelbourne Hotel. I am glad that you found the hotel enjoyable and enjoyed both the facilities and the service offered. If you plan to return to Dublin at any point be it for business or pleasure please contact me directly. I will be happy to personally assist you.

Guest Relations

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed in the Shelbourne for one night. Got a very good rate including breakfast on alpha rooms. The room was nice but nothing special. Breakfast was excellent. One of the best things about the hotel is its location. It is in a nice area, very close to the shopping areas and there are lots of places to eat nearby. All in all if you get a good rate it is a nice hotel, but I would expect much more if I was paying the rack rate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review posted on The Shelbourne Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and facilities. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding breakfast. I will ensure that they are passed on to our food and beverage team. Should you be returning to Dublin for either business or pleasure please do not hesitate in contacting me directly. I will be more than happy to personally assist.

Guest Relations

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in May 2012. Chose this hotel because I have read about it in the business news in the past few years and also for its central location.
The hotel has a stately presence in the street and a nice lobby area.
We were starving by the time we checked in after a very early morning start and a flight to get to Dublin. At the counter was a plate of freshly baked cookies. We were not offered one as we waited for the reception staff to check us in. But I was in such a state that I asked if I could have one even if I had to pay for it. Those biscuits were very very delicious!
We have booked for a "normal" room. The room is modern but it is very small, After we put our 2 medium size suitcases down, there were not much room to move about. From the room we looked into a non descript back alley.
The breakfast which came with the rate was very substantial and very well presented. We enjoyed them thoroughly.
The internet was not free so we were a bit disappointed with that.
Overall it was a good stay provided one is happy with the tight space. We felt that the rate we paid was not proportional to the space of the room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MYquem
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of The Shelbourne Hotel, posted on tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the ambience of the hotel and felt our breakfast was substantial and well presented. I am sorry that your perceived our rooms to be small. Should you be returning to Dublin at any point in the future please contact me directly. I will be more than happy to personally advice on the room type best suited to your needs. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to The Shelbourne very soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was our final and highly anticipated stop for hotels during our stay in Ireland and while the location is fabulous, the service and amenities certainly did not add up to the quality of our previous hotels. Checking in, the lobby was chaos and loud, with the concierge giving her spiel as quickly as possible, touting the hotel`s qualities, almost as if she were afraid that she wouldn`t remember what to say. This seemed to be the staff`s theme, which was an ability to give service by lip but not by deed. The place smacked of the word "chain" and people responded as they had been instructed and without much enthusiasm. The room was clean but small. like a chain. and the food was mediocre, again with service effecient but lacking any personality. We had an incident in the bar with a drink order that had to be remade 3 times to our satisfaction and it was made quite clear that I was in the wrong. Location is everything, however, and we wre able to visit most of this delightful city by walking. This is not a cheap place to stay and apart from the location, it is living on past merits and reputation. We would think twice before rebooking here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have stayed at the Shelbourne many times and it is one of my favorite hotels. I have to compliment the staff who are amazing and attentive to guests needs. If visiting Dublin a stay here is a must!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple