“Hotel has a lot of potentional”

Clayton Hotel Burlington Road
Ranked #55 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orange County, California
“Hotel has a lot of potentional”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The DT Dublin hotel has a lot of potential and I hope in 2014 when the construction is over it will be a very nice hotel with positive reviews. The lobby is very nice and comfortable, decorated very nicely for the holidays. Our room was not ready when we checked in, we walked around and had the bell hop hold our luggage. He recommended places to eat, very friendly. The hotel is a little far from the center and it was a long walk to any of the attractions and restaurants.

Got to our room and it was average. Nothing to write home about, your typical European hotel room, very small and comfortable. Flat screen TV, coffee maker, and a clean bathroom. We did get one of the rooms that were not renovated yet because the front girl recommended it, she said if she gave us a renovated room it would be very noisy and we were there on our anniversary trip. All in all everything was average, although the last night we stayed there, I think there was about 20 college kids there for a Christmas Party and all stayed on our floor. They were obnoxious and loud, running around the floor and talking as loud as they could. We didn't complain, just tried to sleep but it was ok, we had a flight the next day and slept through it. Next time I would rather pay a little more and stay in the city center.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree B, Hotel Administrator at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
Firstly, we would like to congratulations on your recent anniversary, we hope that you had an enjoyable visit to Ireland to celebrate your special occasion.

We are so pleased that you were impressed with our recently renovated Hotel Lobby and that you enjoyed the Christmas Decorations we have on display. Thank you for your kind words about our concierge team we were delighted they could assist you with recommendations on attractions in Dublin city.

We wish you a safe return journey to the United States and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Jane Igoe Hotel Administrator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I've stayed here three times over the past month, with a different experience on each occasion. Firstly, for the very reasonable price, overall it's a good spot to spend a night in Dublin - rooms are generally of a good enough size, fairly comfortable and in quite good condition, and bathrooms are fine. However, the finer details vary between rooms. In one, the decor of the room was a touch dated and hadn't appeared to be refurbished, but the bed was exceptionally comfortable and the bathroom was superb. On another occasion we were in a room which had clearly been refurbished, but that bathroom didn't look like it had been, and the bed was far harder and less comfortable than before. Hopefully when the endless refurbishments are complete, all bedrooms and bathrooms will have been refurbished to the same high standard.
An additional point is problems with restricted parking spaces while refurbishments are ongoing at the hotel. However, staff have gone out of their way to squeeze my car in at least twice. At the same time, if you're staying over the weekend, arriving late on a Saturday, it's probably just as easy (and free) to park on Burlington Road.
Finally, breakfast is excellent.

Room Tip: Check if the room and bathroom has been refurbished.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor.

We greatly appreciate your constructive feedback regarding our guest rooms, I would be most grateful if you could please contact me @ jane.igoe@hilton.com with the details of your recent stay e.g. dates and booking name so that our engineering team may investigate your feedback. Currently, renovations are being completed on the remaining guest rooms and are scheduled for completion in early March 2013.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel for it's excellency and location. There's an amazing buffet breakfast. The staff is very nice and competent in special
Mr Tiago Henriques. He has always been very helpful, attentive and friendly. When you are coming to the hotel after working if you meet this friendly people it makes us feel a little bit closer to our home.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank snlopes
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor and for your recommendation to future guests to stay with our Hotel.

We are thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable time during your recent stay, here at DoubleTree we understand that the little things mean everything to our guests. Thank you so much for your kind words about Tiago -we have shared your kind words with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Have stayed there on several occasions for business. Will happily stay there again.

If you have business near the Trinity College area, the hotel is ideally situated. A shuttle service from Dublin airport stops there (it is still referred to as the "Burlington Hotel", however, so be forewarned). There is a big taxi rank just outside and parking on the premises for guest who drive. Sorry, I do not drive, so I have no idea if there is a charge.

The lobby is huge and spacious with an even more huge bar/lounge on the same level. There is also a smaller coffee and beverage area opposite and at least two restaurants on ground level. I can heartily recommend the sweet potato fries - DELICIOUS!

The front desk staff are simply delightful. Very professional, polite and helpful. *Everyone* is treated with respect and attention. I could not be more impressed. They don't just look professional, they actually are. Very good hiring choices.

I have stayed in 'old' rooms and in newly renovated rooms. Even the old rooms were quite functional. Only some minor issues with noisy pipes. On one occasion did have an issue with lack of hot water and slow flushing toilet. Both issues immediately seen to the very same day.

Rooms are cleaned to a consistent standard. Note: Tea kettles are sometimes the exception, with housekeeping sometimes not emptying the water from them each day. Used cups and saucers cleaned each day. Tea, coffee, sugar, etc replaced each day. Waste bins always emptied each day. Used towels and tub/shower cleaned each day without exception. Note: Rubber mats supplied for bath/shower. Pleasant surprise.

Rooms are spacious, quiet and have nice, large desks with plenty of power outlets. I particularly liked that I was able to charge my mobile on the table directly next to my bed (my mobile is also my preferred alarm clock, you see).

Restaurant/Room Service food is nice, but, of course, a premium is paid for this convenience. I am not a breakfast eater, but my colleagues assure me that the breakfasts are very good.

WiFi throughout the hotel, which is VERY nice. Have on more than one occasion planted myself in the coffee bar with my laptop and worked while surrounded by music, people on the free WiFi. Note: Sometimes bandwidth is saturated at peak intervals (08:00-10:00 and from 18:00-22:00). It is serviceable for sending/receiving emails and checking non-graphics intensive timetables, however.

Express checkout is devine. I try to settle accounts the night before. Being able to simply slip the room key inside an envelope with the room number on it and place that into the checkout box is marvelous! I tend to run late in the mornings as it is, so Express checkout has prevented me from being late more than once.

Additional - Should you feel like stretching your legs a bit, the hotel is situated in a very nice neighborhood. During Spring/Summer/Fall I sometimes walk the 15 minutes or so to the shops and restaurants along the canal. Were I more energetic, I could easily imagine myself jogging along the tree-lined sidewalks and paths. Very quiet and peaceful and safe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts, but not too far away!! Also, the views are lovely from the high...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTree B, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this review, June 13, 2016
Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay. We are grateful for all feedback from guests, as it gives us the opportunity to improve all aspects of our hotel and provide feedback to our team.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I regularly stay in the 'Burlington ' as it will be always known as .It's location is top drawer convenient to everything in Dublin .lately though trying to book it is getting more difficult the people in reservations are foreign and very hard to understand it is just frustrating trying to book a room.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Seanban

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Booked in oct for romantic getaway and to see friends up the road and whilst when booking, the website did say there was some work expected until November but I certainly didn't expect a room view with a workers lift rig going up and down right outside our window with drilling and banging all around. When I phoned reception they did call back with a room in the newly refurbished side of the hotel which made me wonder why we had the old style room in the first place? but it was better and less noisy.....

until 7.43ish am the next morning when continuous industrial drilling began obviously into the walls and floor above which vibrated the whole room followed by hammering and sawing....
After a lovely evening in temple bar I can safely say I wasn't impressed. Refurbishment work is fair enough but that is far too early to start and I would have rather had a call from hotel to warn of this extent and the time work started before I left the uk so we could have looked for another hotel.
We were given late checkout at 2pm but the keycards stopped allowing entry into the room at 12pm...

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Glasgow
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary weekend in Dublin, made all the more satisfying by the lovely touches from the DT Hilton management. The breakfast and surroundings of the dining room were a standout. Heartfelt thanks for a great weekend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree B, Hotel Administrator at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We are so pleased that you selected the DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin Hotel at which to celebrate your anniversary. Thank you for your very kind works which we have now shared with the entire team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Warm Regards,