“November in Ireland DT Burlington Hotel”

Clayton Hotel Burlington Road
Ranked #53 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The hotel is getting a bad rap for undergoing renovations. People complain. Then people complain that the hotel is in need of renovations. You cannot please everyone all of the time. They did their best trying to accomodate to the quieter rooms,, I found very or little construction noice. There were areas that were being updated but if they were not being renowed the there would be complaints about the lack of renovations. It really isnt possible to shut a property down for 2 months to reno but I think that what people expect.
I stay at Hitlon for work and am a DIAMOND member, NEVER i=have I have been made feel so special in the states until check in in Dublin. After a transoceanic flt nothing is more welcomed thans a shower and quick nap. The room was waiting for us along with champagne along with MANY little extras, granted i am a diamond member but do not ever get any kind of treatment in the states. David Monks had a special card awaiting us in our suit, It is nice to be made felt special while in vacay. My friends birthday was a few days later and an entire cake was brought to our room, etc, We also had a jaccuzi in the room after a long day of sight seeing,. THIS STAFF TRIED JUST AS HARD TO PLEASE.
Moral, you cannot please everone but certainly went out of their time trying. Thanks David and his staff making this a special trip. A lot of other properties can take lessons from these folks.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree B, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience at The Doubletree by Hilton Dublin - Burlington Road. Both my colleagues and I are all truly delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay.

We were delighted to hear how much you appreciated all the small gestures we extended to make your stay as welcoming and comfortable as possible on your visit to Dublin.

Thank you again and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay.

David Monks

Write a ReviewReviews (2,792)

Reviewed December 9, 2013

They helped get us in a room very early (very nice point), but it was hounded by a scaffolding lift going past our window every 30 mins and the men banging from 8-6 saturday and sunday! So getting in early was pointless as all we wanted to do was get out.

No other rooms available that day, it probably shouldn't have been available either! No previous warning or even acknowledging it when checking in.

Also a side note but may be nothing, caught staff member listening to door next to our room and they didn't take kindly to me asking what they were doing. Thought this was weird.

All in all, ok hotel, the room was very pleasant just missing some of the finishing touches, for example wifi worked in corridor but not the room. I have experienced at other Double Tree hotels, the reason we booked this one.

Rm. 663 (07/12-09/12)

Room Tip: Wait a couple of months until its finished being renovated completely.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree B, Hotel Administrator at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel.

As advertised on our Hotel website the Hotel is currently undergoing refurbishment works. To date refurbishment has been completed in the Hotel Lobby Area, Restaurant Area , Bar Area, all 18 meeting rooms and all ground floor banqueting areas in the building and 92 bedrooms. This as you have stated has resulted in some noise within the building and we would like to apologies for the disruption this caused you during your recent stay. By March 2014, refurbishment of the additional bedrooms will be completed.

In relation to the Hotels complimentary guest Wi-Fi, I have alerted our engineering department to your experience and they will investigate your feedback immediately.

We hope you will continue to be a loyal and valued customer of the Doubletree by Hilton Dublin – Burlington Road.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed on Friday last for a event, on arrival the car park was closed .... the reception area was very busy and very slow to check in, but guess what the management have come up with " marketing gimmick to offer the guests a biscuit, ( in face In my case they took the biscuit )
The room I got was on the 6th floor, very old fashioned, in fast I would suggest a 2 star at best,
I attended the function in the hotel and in fairness the service & food at the function were good,
I decided to check out of the Hotel at 2 am as the room was so cold and uncomfortable,
When I made my views know to the hotel the next day, I was told the refurbishment had not reached the 6th floor ... Maybe you should consider not selling the old rooms ....

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed both the service and the food served at the function you recently attended at the Hotel.

As advertised on our Hotel website the Hotel is currently undergoing refurbishment works. This also extends to the Hotel Car Park which currently has restricted parking spaces and on occasion has been closed as it is at full capacity.

In relation to the Hotel’s refurbishment, to date works have been completed in the Hotel Lobby Area, Restaurant Area , Bar Area, all 18 meeting rooms and all ground floor banqueting areas in the building and 92 bedrooms. By March 2014, refurbishment of the additional bedrooms will be completed.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future when all refurbishment works are completed,

Jane Igoe- Hotel Administrator

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on Friday evening. Smooth checkin and warm cookies supplied. Thank you!
We were on the 4th floor.
Our room had been refurbished and while the overall appearance is great, a few minor finish issues eg cables from ceiling going into unit,grouting unfinished,curtain stapled to the side . Small issue as well with a used glass not being washed but reset as if it had been. Not major problems in any shape or form.
We all slept well despite the hotel being busy with Christmas parties. Shower next day was lovely and love the Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries.
Breakfast was as good as usual with hilton. No problems with anything.
Lovely to get back and we will return again.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank MajRoadTrip
Jane I, Hotel Administrator at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear MajRoadTrip,

Thank you so much for your ‘Tree-mendous’ five star review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin-Burlington Road.

We are all so pleased hear that you had such a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed both the Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries and Breakfast dinning in the Hotel.

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding some minor finish issues in your guest room, I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly @ jane.igoe@hilton.com with your booking details so that our Engineering and Housekeeping teams can investigate up on this feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay.

Jane Igoe Hotel Administrator

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The hotel staff/lobby/breakfast/attentions excellent. The beds are hard and uncomfortable. linen and pillows are Hilton standard. Also room space is not to Hilton standards. One positive thing is that there was parties during all of our stay, and we did not felt any noises from the party or the corridors. There was security scanning through the floors.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest,

Thank for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dublin-Burlington Road.

We are delighted to hear that you found the hotel staff/lobby/breakfast/attentions to be excellent.
We hope that you will continue to be a loyal and valued guest of the Doubletree by Hilton Dublin – Burlington Road. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another enjoyable stay.

Jane Igoe- Hotel Administrator

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at the DoubleTree Hilton Burlington Rd and again we were very happy with the amenities and especially the staff. We were pleasantly surprised that the door staff recognised us again & this made our stay that much more personal. We would definitely recommend this hotel. Excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear KarlA54,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team here. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience here at The DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you both back again.

Jane Igoe
Hotel Administrator

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The hotel from the outside is a 70 concrete block. Not nice at all. Checkin was slow and chaotic. The reception area is nice and spacious. We had a refurbished room which looked nice. However this is the nosiest hotel room I have ever had (on the 6th floor). The central heating needs throwing away and starting again. Lots of noise from it. You could hear the guest above, below and to the sides. We stayed at a weekend and from 8am you could hear the cleaners bashing around and we were at the rear of the hotel - I have no idea what they were doing but the noise was considerable.

The Hotel is just that bit too far out in my opinion. It takes around 20 mins walk to get to the main shops and then anothet 10 or 15 to get to temple bar. So unless you like walking or paying for cabs I wouldnt recomend it.

Breakfast wasnt the best experience either. Why do hotels keep toasters that need the bread feeding through 6 times just to give it a slight tan??? I know it was Irish breakfast but the lack of jam / marmalade was not what I expect in a Hilton

So overally I would say its ok but not a place I would choose to stay again

Room Tip: As high as possible and I would suggest at the front. Also ask for a refubished room
1  Thank TP123Manchester
Jane I, Hotel Administrator at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear TP123Manchester,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

It is unfortunate that our renovations impacted on the enjoyment of your recent stay with the Hotel. Currently, the Hotel is under redesign and renovation following a €16m investment, with the majority of works now in the final stages of completion. The Hotel entrance and exterior canopy is scheduled to be renovated in early 2014.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Hotel’s Breakfast buffet. Currently, our Hotel Buffet includes a range of conserves including honey, marmalade and jams. I have shared your feedback with the Restaurant Manager and we will now be placing buffet labels on our conserves to make them easier to locate for our guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Jane Igoe Hotel Administrator