“The Clarence is definately the Dublin hotel of my choice.”
Review of The Clarence

The Clarence
Ranked #41 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Clarence is definately the Dublin hotel of my choice.”
Reviewed January 21, 2006

My husband and I were in Dublin last November and went in to the Clarence looking for a cup of coffee. The Octagen bar wasn't open but we were gratiously served with a tray of coffee in the lounge and were so impressed that my husband booked a suprise stay for my birthday.

The customer service we received was outstanding - I was wished a happy birthday by every member of staff!

I agree with another review on this website - the bathroom was beginning to look a bit tired however this did not detract from the fact our sleeping accommodation was lovely and extremely clean (I am very fussy).

We had a small maintenance problem during our stay and although it couldn't be corrected before we left I must commend the staff on the way they handled the issue.

• Stayed January 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Santa Monica, CA
Reviewed November 22, 2005

I recently stayed at the Clarence and was very pleased. The staff was extremely courteous and accomodating. I wasn't thrilled with my first room (a little small) and although the hotel was completely full for the evening, they were able to find me another room that was a great improvement. The highlight was dining at the Tea Room Restaurant at the hotel. It was one of the best meals I have had and (although a little pricey) I enjoyed every aspect of it. The somalier and waiters were so attentive and knowledgable. Overall it was truly an exceptional experience!

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business