“Everything perfect.”

Ranked #63 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
York, United Kingdom
“Everything perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed for a weekend with my girlfriend at this hotel. It was especial because on Sunday was my girlfriend's birthday. I asked them to help me with a surprise (a bouquet and champagne). Their attitude were always helpful and the final result was wonderful. Reception team was really friendly and always making sure that everything was going like we planned,

I just want to say thanks to all the staff.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Greek first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is well located to all the major sights within the city centre, all are within walking distance, we arrived before check-in and there was no problem with leaving our luggage whilst we explored the city. Check in was swift, the room was a good size, comfortable bed, clean with coffee making facilities. Breakfast was served promptly and was delicious and good size portions. The brief interaction we had with staff was excellent with all being professional. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: we were at the back, heard no outside noise at all, but did stay mid-week
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank icisengland187069
Preston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I can hear you saying it, it's temple bar so it's going to be noisy BUT a simple noise like a mobile telephone ringing should not be heard 3 floors up in my room!!!!
The hotel itself was nice. Superb location set on the outskirts of the temple bar area but well within a very short walking distance to all the bars. The problem with the hotel was the noise from outside. Our Wednesday and Thursday nights were noisy but not enough to keep us awake however come the morning, traffic noises, building noises, road sweepers.....you name it we heard it. On Friday night the loud music and screams from outside could be heard til the morning. Even through my ear plugs!!
If you want the partying late night with enough alcohol to knock you out you probably wouldn't the hotel. I however feel if the hotel where to upgrade the windows it would make for a more pleasurable nights sleep.

Room Tip: Bring your own ear plugs!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Amoskeag, NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed at the Paramount Hotel in January 2014. It was lovely. Clean, modern room. Nice queen size bed. Free wifi. Conveniently located. Very affordable. You will read many reviews about Dublin hotels, and Temple Bar hotels in particular, warning of noisy streets and loud pubs pounding through to the upper floors. I have no doubt the truth of the reviews, but did not experience this at the Paramount. My room was a good distance from the pub and up a few floors. I'm sure that made a difference. I look forward to a return visit. Definitely worth a look.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed here last night (arriving by car) and wasn't too bothered about the ten minute walk from the nearest public car park (Christchurch) with which the Paramount has a deal. However, this morning it was lashing with rain and I felt I had erred in my choice - I got drenched. That's the only negative over with. I didn't have breakfast so can't comment but I can say this is a delightful hotel in the heart of Templebar so if you are looking for very vibrant nightlife, it's on your doorstep. The room was impeccable and the bed made to perfection (the bottom sheet looked as though it had been ironed in place and it was not stacked high wtih daft cushions like most places these days). Wifi was free and did not need a security code so it was straight in. The TV was a bit on the small side but nothing to get over excited about - says more about my eye sight than the hotel. The check in staff were very friendly. I will certainly stay again but will check the weather forecast and take an umbrella!

Room Tip: I am guessing at weekends that the noise levels in the street could escalate so ask for a room off t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
South Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in October 2013 We found the location of the hotel to be very close to attractions and temple bar the room and bathroom was quiet modern for the price although it was cold outside it was quiet stuffy needed to have the windows open (still hot though) this only bad point about the room would recommend - didnt have any problems with noise i think we were on the 3rd or fourth floor.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a higher level room as alot of people seem to complain of noise - we had none on the 3...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We spent 2 nights at the paramount a few weeks ago. We got into town really early and they were able to check in early. The room was a good size and pretty standard for a hotel. It was a little loud since the turks head is downstairs, but nothing to loose sleep over. The staff was very helpful with directions around town and with getting a taxi to the airport. We had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple