“Very pleasant and educational tour”
Review of Collins Day Tours

Book In Advance
More Info
$37.71*
and up
Wicklow Mountains, Glendalough and Kilkenny Day Tour from Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Full Day Tour to Wicklow Mountains, Glendalough and Kilkenny including Wicklow Gap. Lakes, Mountains and a Medieval City ! Professional Approved Tour Guide and Coach driver. Walking Tours in Glendalough and Kilkenny included.
florence
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Very pleasant and educational tour”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I had a spare day in Dublin and as I was on my own I decided to join this tour to Glendalough and Kilkenny. I am very happy I made this choice! We left at 9 and came back at 6 with a reasonable amount of time spent in the 2 sights, which was well worth. I particularly appreciated the fact that we had a driver AND a guide, which is not the case in most of this kind of tours. Our guide was a very nice and extremely knowledgable lady, she provided plenty of historical information as well as insights about Ireland and the sights we were visiting. There were also 2 guided walks which were pleasant and very interesting. I recommend to take this tour if you are into history and if you are willing to learn more about the lovely country of Ireland. A final remark: make sure to master the English language if you want to join the tour, otherwise it is really impossible to enjoy the day, I am saying this as there were a group of non-English speaking people (or at least most of them) who seemed bored and were noisy talking to each other, but just because they could not follow the guide. So unless you don't understand English good enough, better join a tour in your mother language.

1 Thank lenifi
CollinsDayTours, Owner at Collins Day Tours, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Leniffi,

Thank you for your comments for which we are very grateful.
I will ensure the Tour Driver and Tour Guide read your review of our Day Tour to Glendalough and Kilkenny and I know they will be very pleased!

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Pikeville, Kentucky
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great day!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We chose to do this tour on our last day in Dublin - April 21st. It's a large bus tour and we had 38 people that day but it never seemed crowded due to the sites we were seeing. Glendalough was a beautiful location with wonderful history. Kilkenny was a great small town with several wonderful options if you like history - personally Kilkenny Castle and Saint Canices Cathedral were wonderful to explore (even if I did get chastised for using my tripod in the cathedral - thought it was worth a shot).

We did five day tours during our time in Dublin and our guide this day, Jerry, was simply the best. He had a great knowledge of his subjects and displayed great wit and humor. We sat in the front of the bus and found him happy to answer questions for us and to engage in conversation.

Before taking this tour I had read a couple bad reviews on the company but I was well pleased with a great day with Collins. It took us to wonderful sites with a great tour guide and driver. If you ever make it back to Kentucky, Jerry, come visit Pikeville and we'll find you some mountain music.

1 Thank Tommy C
CollinsDayTours, Owner at Collins Day Tours, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Tommy

Thanks so much for your comments !

I will make sure Gerry reads it and your kind invitation.

I am particularly pleased that you found Tour Guide to be the best of all your Day Tours from Dublin.

All the best from all the Collins Day Tours Team

Liverpool, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent tour guide”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Their service is punctual and efficient. The tour guided was well trained; she made an excellent illustration of what we saw during the tour. Part of the tour is by walk which made it more attractive and authentic.

Dear Humberto

Thank you for your nice comment !

I am glad you point out our Tour Guide is well trained - we believe it is an essential part of the Day Tour to Glendalough, Wicklow Gap and Kilkenny.

Also thanks for your appreciation of the walking tours - this is something we do exclusively in both Glendalough and Kilkenny and we believe it adds much value in terms of understanding and discovering the places you are visiting.

Uppsala, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wounderful day tour to Glendalough, Wicklow mountains and Kilkenny”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was a fine day the 21 of april, the sun was shining and we really enjoyed our guide who told us a lot about the history of Ireland and showed us some beautiful spots. We think his name was Brian. This was the icing on the cake after a wounderful weekend in Dublin!

Greetings from
Anne-Charlotte and Lena from Uppsala in Sweden

2 Thank Anne-Charlotte N
Dear Anne-Charlotte and Lena

Thank you sincerely for your lovely comment !

Very much appreciated by all at Collins Day Tours and especially by our Tour Guide Brian.

Stirling
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We wanted to make the most of our Dublin city break and decided on this trip based on the recommendation of the Tourist Information office. Well done! We were picked up at a convenient location to our hotel, and although the weather was dismal and dreary, our guide made every effort to entertain us with informative facts of the areas we visited. Good advice re comfort facilities, and choices on how your time could be spent at each of the stops. Glendalough is stunning, as is the drive through Wicklow Mountains. The medival town of Kilkenny was a delight, and we could have happily explored more if time allowed. Thanks to our driver Bob for getting us around safely and in comfort.

Visited April 2013
CollinsDayTours, Owner at Collins Day Tours, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Alison

We greatly appreciate your comments and delighted you had a nice day despite the weather!

We have always believed it best to have a dedicated Approved Tour Guide who will give 100% attention to history and story telling, allowing the Tour Driver to concentrate on the driving.

I will pass on your comments to both the Tour Driver and Tour Guide who I know will be delighted.