“Interesting and well organized”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Collins Day Tours

Collins Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$36.58*
and up
Wicklow Mountains Glendalough and Kilkenny Day Tour from Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Full Day Tour to Wicklow Mountains, Glendalough and Kilkenny including Wicklow Gap. Lakes, Mountains and a Medieval City ! Professional Approved Tour Guide and Coach driver. Walking Tours in Glendalough and Kilkenny included.
Berlin, Germany
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Interesting and well organized”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The tour was a really pleaseant experience. It was very well organized, the planning was very good. Glendolough is an outstanding place. Our guide was kind and competent, attentive and well prepared, also witty. She gave us lots of useful informations, but she also left us the time to enjoy the landscape and the city of Kilkenny. We strongly recommand the tour.

Visited August 2012

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Owings Mills, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Excellent tour for short stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

If you did not rent a car, have limited time, but still wish to see the Irish countryside, this is the tour for you. Our guide, Jerry, was very knowledgeable and hilarious! Our driver, Roland, was great too. I learned so much from the tour, and would definitely recommend others to this company. One tip for future tour-goers: wear proper walking shoes for walking over stone pathways. Have fun!

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I've lived in Ireland all my life & I was astounded by the knowledge & Incredible country scenery that this tour offers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I took my dutch friend on this tour as I thought it would be a good way of seeing Ireland without spending too long traveling. The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and entertaining. He made himself available for any questions people had. He had vast information on Irish history, culture and geography. I was surprised at how much I had learned about my own country and how much I enjoyed his traditional Irish sense of humor. The tour lasted 9hours with 3 stops including a lunch stop in Ireland's medieval capital Kilkenny. The optional walking tours in some of Ireland's best scenery were not only breath taking but also a great insight into my country's heritage. The bus was comfortable, relaxing scenic journey and to top it off traditional Irish music played in between the guides information. It gave my dutch friend a real sense of Irish culture. I would highly recommend this tour and I would take my foreign friends on this again.

Visited October 2012
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Glendalough and Kilkenny Day Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Re: Sept. tour I disagree with the comment that our guide was racist. He was asking people to be quiet because they were noisy and bothersome not because of their race. We were two of the people who sat very close to the noisy group. My husband asked them almost immediately if they would talk more quietly so that we could hear the commentary. We did not notice a difference. When some Irish music was being played they raised their voices and talked over the music...it was impossible for us to hear. During the walking tour in Kilkenny, friends travelling with us asked the same group of young people if they would please move a bit away from the group to have their conversations as it made it very difficult for us to hear our guide. They responded with facial expressions and comments that let us know they would continue to be uncooperative and rude.
The scenery was lovely, our guide was informative and entertaining but a trip can be ruined by those around you when they are inconsiderate and thoughtless. I would NOT suggest that you avoid this tour if you are Spanish...but I would say avoid this tour if you are self centred and more interested in talking loudly with your friends rather than enjoying the sights and sounds of a beautiful area.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank DMB944
London
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Avoid if you're Spanish or Italian”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

The views were outstanding and the guide was very knowledgeable, however, as mentioned by other visitors, there were racist comments targeted towards Spanish and Italian customers. I understand it may be annoying for the guide to have members of the tour speaking or arriving late (though the group of Spanish kids were not the latest to arrive), however, does this really have anything to do with their nationality?

Apart from the these issues the trip was very enjoyable and the locations were amazing, it was really a shame. I would recommend this tour for native English speakers but avoid it if you're Spanish or Italian.

Visited September 2012