“Hill Top Trek Tour or Wicklow”
Review of Day Tours Wicklow

$42.60*
Full-Day Castles and Celtic History Tour from Dublin: Newgrange, Hill of Tara
Ranked #29 of 237 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: On this tour you can get off the bus and go either • Go Walking -•Mountain Biking or Horse Riding Activity's approx 2 hrs.No previous experience required.If you don't wish to do any activity you can visit the Powerscourt Gardens in Enniskerry.After your activity we will pick you back up and continue the tour through the Wicklow Mountains National Park towards Glendalough.Also visiting Enniskerry, Powerscourt and Lough Tay,(film location of "Braveheart") Guinness Estate, Glenmacnass Waterfall with plenty of stops. The tours departs at the Dublin Tourism Office 9:30 with pickup along the way. Arrive back to Dublin approx 5:30pm.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed January 9, 2014

It was my boyfriend and I's first trip to Ireland and the tour of Wicklow was by far the best part of our entire trip! It was amazing to see the rural side of Ireland and I truly wish we would have booked a 2nd tour for the next day!
Our tour guide was so friendly and provided us with rain jackets and umbrellas when the weather turned bad (which was an extreme helpful).
Great day! Amazing experience! Great value for your money!

There are newer reviews for Day Tours Wicklow

Reviewed December 18, 2013

My friend and I was in Ireland 4 months ago.. We wanted to order some tours and decided that one of them would be the Day tour Wicklow.. We liked it a lot.. Our guide was amazing. The whole day was very informative. We visited so many amazing places..Who have any doubts...... This tour is just for you! There were not so many people so it was amazing opportunity to adore beauty of Ireland..
This tour is definatelly the best.. ( paddywagontours - overcrowded and not so many information, big buses..)
I still recall that day.. it was AMAZING!
p.s. Michael has very good sense of humor and good taste in music! I was listening to it!realy!!!!

1  Thank Mariaa043
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Had a brilliant time on the tour, Michael was our guide for the day and he was really enthusiastic and made it all very informational and gave an all-round good experience. Even though we went on the tour in December, we were very lucky with the weather and as it was a weekday, places were empty and the Glendalough upper lake was breathtaking. We did the guided walk for an extra 10 Euros and it was definitely worth it. We had amazing views and we got to see the Powerscourt Waterfall. All the places that we visited were worth the money and honestly we would have expected to pay more for a tour like this. If you get the chance to go I would definitely recommend it and our tour guide Michael.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I would highly recommend this tour! The Wicklow Mountains are on your doorstop, and a fantastic break from the city, a chance to see the valleys and glens, the stunning landscape of Wicklow with it's blazing oranges, yellows and browns, and the forever alluring 'Emerald Green' of Ireland. We did the guided group walk, a couple of girls from the group went horse riding of which they loved! We were very fortunate to have had the perfect weather in late November, crisp and cold, with beautiful sunshine, and blue, clear skies! We were a small group of about 14 which was an ideal size as gave us the flexibility see see some places along the way that we don't think we would have been able to see if we'd been on a large coach for instance!! Led by our Irish guide, Michael who was hugely experienced, great fun, very informative, approachable, attentive, flexible, easy going, and generally good craic! He even had spare waterproof/windbreaker jackets for us, if needed! Do wrap up warm, and be waterproofed to enjoy fully at this time of year. Thanks to Michael we went hillwalking, through some amazing woodland, and moorland scenery, breathtaking in fact. Ate homecooked food at Poppies. Saw an old lead mine.. still standing! The peaceful Glencree. The magical Glendalough, and perfect Guinness Lake with the creamy, velvety top... makes you want to scoop a pint up right there and then! The source of the River Liffey! Arthur Guinness territory. Enniskerry, the 'P.S. I Love You' film location.....when Gerry meets Holly who is lost. I'm a big fan so thank you Michael, you even had the soundtrack!! A wonderful day which ended in singing Irish songs all the way back to Dublin, worth every cent. We have enthused about the trip ever since, so thank you! Kostas & Laura-Lee x

2  Thank Loopyloops1
Reviewed November 24, 2013

If you're looking to get out in the fresh air and see some beautiful sights of Ireland this is for you. We hopped in a van and went to the park from PS I Love You where they meet. This area is breath taking. Even though it was not quite the season for the fields to be painted with purple it was still amazing. You get to see Guinness Lake and some pretty popular attractions for Ireland. We walked up a hill or small mountain and stood on top soaking it all in.

The guide was great. Very good at providing info and keeping the day fun. I would recommend this to everybody. I may go back and do this again sometime in the future during the summer time.

Worth the money.