“Loved this place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Camden Kitchen
Ranked #310 of 2,526 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Modern Bistrot serving seasonal,sustainable,organic deliciousness
“Loved this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Great food and atmosphere. Cozy restaurant with great feel and food. I had the salmon and my husband had the beef, both excellent choices!

Visited January 2014

Ireland
“Another great meal experience at Camden Kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

We were lucky enough to get a Rewarding Times voucher for the Camden Kitchen and used it last week. This place used to be Havana, before that I can't remember what it was called, but every incarnation is excellent. It's small, very cosy, you're close to other tables, but what does it matter, the service and food is just excellent. I went for the salmon/beetroot starter, and the red mullet for mains. Both were really good and a really nice portion, not too small or big. Although I could have done with some more of the very yum sauce that came with the salmon, I felt the salmon portion was generous but there was only a few dots of sauce around the plate, definitely could have done with more. The red mullet was gorgeous, with garlicky potatoes, I mean what's not to love?! My husband had ham hock terrine with brioche for a starter and the duck leg confit for main, both of which he really enjoyed

I was sure when we arrived that given we had a voucher we would have a 'special' voucher menu as so many other restaurants do but not here. I loved the fact we could pick whatever we wanted from the menu and when my husband had the chocolate dessert and i just went for a coffee (which wouldn't have been included) they didn't charge for the coffee as I didn't have dessert (although it was included in the voucher I just didn't fancy any). I know a lot of people would say, whats the big deal, but we eat out a lot and a lot of places would have charged for the coffee. I thought it was a nice touch.

And a note re the service, every waiting person was polite, friendly and efficient.

We have been here several times, and we hope to be back again soon. Very much recommended.

• Visited March 2014
Dublin
“Great for a Cold Wet Wednesday ... or any day in Fact!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

It was a cold, wet Wednesday evening in mid-January and we were feeling those January blues ... so to combat those, we headed to our much loved Camden Kitchen for a "bite". Throwing caution to the winds and New Year's Resolutions out the window, we ordered a bottle of Montepulciano to introduce a note of cheer to our evening and it surely worked ... a great red Italian and reasonably priced at Camden Kitchen. No starters for us ... it was January after all so we opted for beef (him) and pork chop (me), accompanied by sides of green beans and sauteed potatoes. Chef Padraig and his team continue to turn out food that is perfectly executed and flavoured with surprising and exquisite garnishes that compliment rather than 'gild the lily'. Cheered up immensely by our wine and mains, hubby could not resist a chocolate fondant while I restrained myself (on this occasion anyway!) and sipped a perfect coffee. As we sloped out of the restaurant and into the wind and rain, we reckoned January wasn't so bad after all, at least not when you have Camden Kitchen nearby!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank AnneOD
dublin, ireland
“Little gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I live close to this restaurant & it's a shame I didn't eat here sooner. It's a lovely place tucked off the hustle & bustle of Camden street. We opted for the early bird as we have a child & I was blown away by the high standard of food served. The early bird set menu is obviously limited but it's very good value & they offer a good choice. I would have happily paid full price for the same meal as it was so tasty. This a great place if you appreciate good food, atmosphere & service. I shall return again!

• Visited January 2014
Wimbledon, UK
“Lovely food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Was back in Dublin on business and popped in for dinner as I was staying nearby. Had the fresh tagliatelle with cockles and prawns for starter. Pheasant with squash and red cabbage. Finished off with white chocolate , walnut parfait and dark chocolate sorbet. Really enjoyed the food. Service was great and was really good value. Will definitely be returning with my other half !

• Visited January 2014