“Great night out”

The Sporting Emporium Casino, Dublin
Ranked #153 of 546 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sporting Emporium offers Ireland's premier casino experience. Situated just off Grafton Street in the heart of Dublin and set in luxurious surroundings, members can choose from the best in live gaming including Blackjack, Roulette, Brag, Punto Banco, Sic Bo and Poker, while enjoying complimentary beverages. Watch major sporting events from around the world live on our multiple plasma screens while playing at the gaming tables. Whether you are a beginner, a pro or simply looking for a night out with friends, our professional and experienced team are on hand to welcome you and assist with all your needs. Open from 6pm to 6am seven nights a week our doors are open to all.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Have been here many times... and have had a ball each time. I'm not sure what time it closes, as I have never been there until the end, but it's open VERY late, and the complimentary drinks eventually take their toll! (Of course, you could always opt for one of the coffees which come in a cup the size of a bowl). Suitable if you are a serious card player or just want to go for a bit of 'craic' and fun, as the croupiers always show you the ropes and help you along with advice (usually in the guise of a knowing wink or nod). Albert the manager is one of the friendliest guys you could meet and always seems to remember everyone's names, even if they only visit once a year and haven't been there in 12 months (I'd hate to play poker against someone like that... who has a memory like that!). All in all, a great way to end a night out on the town, or a great place just to spend the night. In a nice part of town, too.

Rochelle L, Marketing Executive at The Sporting Emporium Casino, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your positive review. From Sundays to Thursdays, we're open from 6pm to 6am. The Arena on the lobby is open from 12nn/7 days a week. We just recently extended our hours on Friday and Saturday from 6pm to 8am. :) It is with great pleasure that Albert and our croupiers cater to our members. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

It was great yeah, everyone had a good time, some learned the ropes of gambling finally and the experienced people admired the layout and decor.

The last of them left at 5:30a.m. Was a great night thanks very much I'll be singing the Sporting Emporium praises.

Rochelle L, Marketing Executive at The Sporting Emporium Casino, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We are very much delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. You can find us on Facebook and Twitter to keep updated with ongoing events and promotions. We look forward to seeing you on your next night out!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I always like the layout and decor of the Sporting Emporium. Door staff always give you a welcome and bar staff are also very friendly. Their regular taxi drivers are also very friendly.

Drink and tea/coffee are free which is a great attraction but selection available has declined considerably over the last two years. A great pity that the food service was done away - I always enjoyed the food and the associated free chips were a great attraction.

However, when your luck is out, your money can disappear really quickly so would love to see a 50 cent roulette table.

Never get any texts/emails re special offers/freebies encouraging me to drop in. They have my Date of Birth - why not send me a free chip when it falls - great way to encourage good feeling. They could learn on how to communicate from the Penthouse Casino in Swords who also have a better range of drink and have food available.

My main gripe is that a lot of the Croupiers are grumpy and do not make you feel welcome unless you are spending very big. However, I still like to visit on a regular basis.

2  Thank OptimisticView
Rochelle L, Marketing Executive at The Sporting Emporium Casino, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your visit to the Club.

We strive to provide a warm, friendly and courteous service to all our members regardless of their level of play. We are disappointed and very much regret that your experience fell short of this standard and would welcome an opportunity to speak with you directly about this. If you could kindly send your details to info@thesportingemporium.com our Membership Director will contact you to follow this up.

There is a 50 cent roulette option available through our touchbet live roulette platform. We appreciate that not all members may be aware of this facility and would be more than happy to guide you through this when you are next in.

Our restaurant service on the gaming floor was discontinued last year as there was very little demand from members. However food is still available to players in our card room and a range of finger food options can be provided for parties and functions by making arrangements in advance.

We continue to provide Free Chips through different promotions which are on offer from time to time. Our Chinese New Year Festival promotion that we ran from 8th of February just ended last Saturday, the 16th of February where everyone who visited the Club won a free bet and one lucky member won a €2013 cash prize. Other promotions and events during the year will be posted on Twitter, Facebook and our website. With developments in social media in recent years, we have found that members are moving away from direct SMS to this form of communication.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I visit the emporium nearly every time i visit Dublin. Great spot. I'm treated like the president of Ireland once i visit the club. Albert (the host) is a gentleman and the staff treat me great by passing me the cards etc!!

Rochelle L, Marketing Executive at The Sporting Emporium Casino, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your continuous support and it is our aim to always make you and all our customers feel like VIPs every time you visit. Albert and the rest of the staff send their regards and we hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

This is the leading casino in Ireland. Every time I visit I feel like I'm a VIP. Alex and the rest of the staff are a credit.

1  Thank Rockrory
Rochelle L, Marketing Executive at The Sporting Emporium Casino, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. It is our pleasure to make you feel like a VIP every time you visit.