“Saturday Night Treat!”

Cuisines: European, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My mother and I had a lovely early supper at the Bistro Martello on a Saturday night and were very impressed with the lovely atmosphere, great food and super service. We both adore seafood so the menu was ideal for us and the fish was super fresh. Location great with ample free parking across the road and nice views. On the negative side, we did think some of the prices were expensive and also we had somehow got the impression that it was in an actual Martello Tower!!! Once we had got over that however we had a glorious meal and the food and wine was delicious and the service second to none. It seemed as if it was a very popular spot and looked ideal for a romantic meal. Thanks to the great waiters and chef who made our night so enjoyable. Would love to return and will look out for special offers!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This used to be a super value restaurant, but prices have risen quite steeply recently. However, given the standard of the food and the excellent staff, I still believe it offers good value, as I am well aware of the horrendous costs of running a small business in Dun Laoghaire.
So hopefully they are now generating a reasonable profit, as I want to go on eating here.
This is one of the first places I think of when I want to entertain friends.

1  Thank GOURMET4666
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I visited martello on sunday night with my aunt who has been before and promised it was fab, she was right it was lovely from start to finish, i started with butternut squash soup with orange and rosemary it was yum, the fish and chips were so fresh and tasty. The waiting staff were so friendly and gave us a drink to celebrate my birthday. All in all a lovely atmosphere and compliments to the chef & staff.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Eat here for the first time with friends recently. I won't elaborate on what other posters have already said about the good food and value for money, as my main purpose in writing is to compliment the wonderful staff. Our main waiter was Alain, who was both efficient and humurous, without being intrusive. One friend was unavoidably late, and although we had already started our meal, he took her order later with grace and discretion. All this in a full restaurant on Mothers day!

Certainly looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We've eaten twice at this restaurant and have been very impressed. Each time we've selected from the Early Bird menu, which is available all evening and although there are only four main dishes to choose from, the food is very tasty and artfully presented. A two-course meal costs €21.50 and three courses just €24.50. You can also order à la carte, but of course that is more expensive. The waiters and waitresses are friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is pleasantly informal.