“Great place!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sabor Brazil - CLOSED

Sabor Brazil
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Brazil is the largest and most populous country in South America. Almost as if to complement its exciting geographical contrasts, from wetlands to tropical forest to beaches, it also boasts an incredible multi-ethnic mix, which is mirrored in its cuisine.The indigenous Tupi Indians had already mastered the art of preserving meats through smoking and drying by the time the Portuguese colonised Brazil in 1533. They had developed the use and processing of Corn (in particular Corn Porridge) as well as the use of many root vegetables such as sweet potato and manioc (also known as yucca or cassava ).Not only did the Portuguese bring with them their own culinary customs (heavily influenced by 300 years of Moorish occupation) but they also imported slaves from West Africa with their cooking traditions. The use of coconut milk, peppers and dende (palm oil) are amongst the many ideas introduced by the slaves, all of which are prevalent in Brazilian cooking.Many more immigrants followed later, including Western Europeans, peoples from the Middle East and Asia, but unlike the Portuguese and African traditions, their culinary contributions were absorbed rather than evolved.As with many other large countries, Brazilian cuisine has its regional differences, although staple ingredients throughout Brazil today include beans, rice and manioc meal. To the North (includes Amazonas, Rondônia and Pará), the diet is mainly fish, root vegetables and fruit as opposed to the Southeast where the use of corn, pork and beans is traditional. Our restaurant is based in a small baroque city of Ouro Preto (from Portuguese, Black Gold) is a city in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil, a former colonial mining town located in the Serra do Espinhaço mountains and designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO because of its outstanding Baroque architecture. A different and enjoyable option for a FINE DINING Brazilian Restaurant. A cozy atmosphere for pleasant moments with friends and partners. Excellent food and proud to show our diverse culinary dishes to europeans.
Dublin
“Great place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a fantastic boutique style restaurant. Went here for my girlfriends birthday, they did everything to make the night feel special. Food was really good, perhaps a bit ridiculous at times (not mad about the birdcage sorry!! Haha) but still great. Service is second to none. Constantly there if you need it but not on top of you either (cheers Tom). Would recommend if for a romantic night out.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank drbeatz

“Stylish smooth atmospheric quirky”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

A fantastic evening -attentive service bordering on telepathic yet remaining unobtrusive. Amazing food prepared served with an obvious passion for what they do, each dish presented with a little synopsis of its evolution and nuggets of info on its origin. Unusual and quirky meets sumptuousness and luxury. Lost count of the courses and cocktails and aperitifs thrown in here and there. Vegetarian menu seamlessly provided in tandem. Booking next holiday in Brazil..

9 Thank Oiscondai
Dublin, Ireland
“"gem of all gems"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

By far and away the best best meal we have ever had. Absolutely faultless in every possible way.
From the moment I spoke to "Tom" on the phone to make the reservation, I knew there was a serious treat awaiting us. This meal was "exquisite"; the room was just so enchanting and cosy; the ambiance was just spot on and Tom has to be the best ever maitre d'....The attention to detail was phenomenal.We loved meeting Marco, the most amazing chef! We cannot wait to return for more!

• Visited October 2012
7 Thank Sinead186605
Dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,326 helpful votes
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We must have eaten in literally hundreds of top-class restaurants in over 100 cities around the world and lo and behold,we discover that the best restaurant of them all, i.e. our all-time favourite, is right here on our doorstep, in Dublin! It is that good.

The whole package - ambiance, service, quality of food, quality of cooking, quality of wines and even value for money - it has it in abundance. It is in a different league to all but a handful of other top notch Dublin restaurants - some charging much more for an equivalent experience - which, in any event, they just can't emulate.

I was going to wax lyrically about the sensational experience but I see that two other couples who were dining on the same night (last Saturday), have already done so. So I would just say:

Please do give Sabor Brazil a try to celebrate your next special occasion - you will not regret it.

I wish Tom and Marcus every success in this venture - they are true stars.

• Visited September 2012
33 Thank glitteringprize
York, UK
“You need to visit Brazil, simply stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Every particular tiny detail about our visit to this restaurant was top notch. I booked it based on the fantastic reviews here on Trip advisor and I am so glad I did. As soon as I sent the reservation request 'Tom' called me up from Sabor Brazil and asked what occasion it was - it was my fiancés 40th - and he was really nice on the phone. I was a bit apprehensive about paying a deposit of 50 euro each to make the reservation but it is nothing to worry about.

As soon as we arrived at the restaurant Tom came out and greeted us by name. What a refreshing change as most restaurants have a list and even then never use your names. Tom was so friendly and greeted us in such a kind way. He took our coats and sat us down on the 'Thrones' which we were allowed to choose whichever table we wanted to make us feel more comfortable.

I cannot express how nice it was for Tom to then bring us scented hot towels before our meal to wipe our hands on. I have never had this before, and it was a revelation. It was such a gorgeous gesture before the meal and I could not stop smelling my refreshed hands throughout the meal, it was fantastic!

Tom brought over a glass of prosecco each and then as it was a special occasion he fixed us up a caprioska for me and the birthday boy, and it was good! Tom then went through the wine specials and we ordered the Chablis which was chilled to perfection.

The bread balls with the brazil raita were so lovely to start. When the sushi and sake came out Tom then told us a story about how sushi came about in Brazil, again a refreshing approach, adding to the enjoyment of this memorable meal. The sake was served in an authntic sake thimble, very good attention to detail.

In between courses Tom had time to stop chat, answer our questions about how the restaurant started and was so attentive and friendly even though he was serving other patrons at the same time, you never felt rushed or that he wasn't interested. Tom really is the making of this place, he is just so nice!

Needless to say all of the courses were fantastic, and very much value for money. At some point in the night a fly fell into my fiancés wine and Tom had no hesitation about taking this away and replacing 2 more glasses of wine, we didn't even notice, he just paid attention to us all evening!

If you visit Dublin and you want to splash out on an exceptionally fantastic dining experience, I would recommend Sabor Brazil without a doubt. Tom even ordered and walked us to the taxi at the end of the night - we felt like such good friends with him that we even hugged him goodbye!

Thank You Tom for such a wonderful experience. My fiancé will never forget his 40th at Sabor Brazil, and we wish you all the luck in the future with the restaurant. We hope to make a trip back to Brazil on our next visit to Dublin. Carol and Chris.

• Visited September 2012