“Foreign delight”

Ranked #141 of 2,638 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ananda is Ireland’s premier fine dining restaurant. Ananda’s impeccable pedigree, enviable location and stunning interior design made it Dublin’s most anticipated restaurant opening of 2008. A series of superlative restaurant reviews quickly cemented its reputation as one of Ireland’s finest dining experiences.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Went with the family for a birthday and unusually all were happy. With great advice picking suitable meals, not to spicy for the kids etc, and an excellent choice of monkfish for me. Even their desserts got a thumbs up!
Food is top class. Service is excellent. Highly recommended.

5  Thank WineAndDineDublin
There are newer reviews for Ananda Restaurant

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is by far the best restaurant I have been to. The staff are so welcoming, the service excellent and the food is out of this world. And I dont even care for Indian food. But this place is fantastic. It is real Indian food and you can tell the chef is passionate about it and obsessed with standards. Totally recommend it. Can be slightly expensive but no more so that other local restaurants that are not half as good. The early birds are a great deal. Best restaurant in town by a mile.

4  Thank SYBDublin
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Went to Ananda with my wife and two family members. We got a warm welcome on arrival, service was efficient and friendly. Decore and atmosphere were excellent. Menu was more limited than I am used to but my lamb byriani was the best that I have tasted. My wife had a tandoori chicken that was good but not great. Prices seem a tad high for Indian but then again I am judjing the prices by UK standards. Would I go back? Definitely.

5  Thank pjthants
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I ordered pork vindaloo while my partner had chicken korma. The pork chop was overdone and dry as a bone. The vindaloo sauce looked and tasted like tomato puree with an overdose of chili. At €23.50 a pop with rice extra at €3.50, we thought the place overpriced for what is mediocre food. At 9pm on a Tuesday night, there were 10 people in what is a large restaurant. Perhaps, it is to be expected! Best thing - a glass of Chilian Merlot Reserva at €7.00.

5  Thank don m
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Its a year since ive visited this place but always happy I went back. I had the goats cheese tikki and then the lamb biryani, both beautiful but wish id been more adventurous with my choices. We just missed the early bird so bit pricey but was well fed so cant complain. Nice service. Only slight gripe would be the tables are a little close together and felt like the guy next to me was practically elbow to elbow with me

3  Thank tabris6ie