“A refreshing change”

Ranked #154 of 2,699 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ananda is Ireland’s premier fine dining restaurant. Ananda’s impeccable pedigree, enviable location and stunning interior design made it Dublin’s most anticipated restaurant opening of 2008. A series of superlative restaurant reviews quickly cemented its reputation as one of Ireland’s finest dining experiences.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Went to Ananda with my wife and two family members. We got a warm welcome on arrival, service was efficient and friendly. Decore and atmosphere were excellent. Menu was more limited than I am used to but my lamb byriani was the best that I have tasted. My wife had a tandoori chicken that was good but not great. Prices seem a tad high for Indian but then again I am judjing the prices by UK standards. Would I go back? Definitely.

5  Thank pjthants

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I ordered pork vindaloo while my partner had chicken korma. The pork chop was overdone and dry as a bone. The vindaloo sauce looked and tasted like tomato puree with an overdose of chili. At €23.50 a pop with rice extra at €3.50, we thought the place overpriced for what is mediocre food. At 9pm on a Tuesday night, there were 10 people in what is a large restaurant. Perhaps, it is to be expected! Best thing - a glass of Chilian Merlot Reserva at €7.00.

5  Thank don m
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Its a year since ive visited this place but always happy I went back. I had the goats cheese tikki and then the lamb biryani, both beautiful but wish id been more adventurous with my choices. We just missed the early bird so bit pricey but was well fed so cant complain. Nice service. Only slight gripe would be the tables are a little close together and felt like the guy next to me was practically elbow to elbow with me

3  Thank tabris6ie
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Myself and my two friends went here for a meal on a Monday at 6.45pm to avail of the early bird menu. So while we were waiting on our last friend to arrive we ordered wine and then got a call from my friend saying she missed the Luas so will be 10 minutes late. I explained to the waiter my friend would be 10 minutes late and could we wait for her to order off the early bird. He panicked and ran to get the manager perhaps who came over and said we had only 5 minutes to order or we would be charged normal menu prices. I was kind of taken aback. Normally I would completely understand but this was a Monday evening and there were 6 other people in the entire restaurant. I just thought it was unaccommodating and unnecessary.

The food was fine, the portions were small and nothing mind blowing and we all felt it quite expensive for an early bird and for what we got.

When we left at 9ish there were 3 people availing of the full price menu. Maybe if they had the early bird all night they might attract more customers during the week.

Won't be back due to service.

2  Thank dolldoll200
Reviewed July 17, 2012

It is 2 years since we last ate at the Ananda. Far too long..
We brought along 4 friends and selected the Early Bird menu available up to 19.00 - everyone was very complimentary about the depth of selection - too often, early bird has a weak list of dishes - Ananda does NOT. Food was beautifully prepared and presented.
The restaurant was packed between 19.00 and 21.30 when we left - great buzz. Service did not suffer under the press of numbers....
If you enjoy Indian cuisine, you will not be disappointed.

4  Thank David H