“Disappointing breakfast”

Juniors
Ranked #169 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, European, Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'm a fan of Juniors for dinner, but have tried the breakfast here now and both times left disappointed. The service is friendly but haphazard although this can usually be forgiven on a Sunday morning ;)
There is a lot on the menu but you can't make any substiutions, makes it awkward for someone who has food allergies (me!) - when we got there French toast was finished and they were only offering a bagel with the eggs royale instead of sourdough and the bagel was not good, cheap and mass produced, I would have much preferred some sourdough toast that was on the menu and that I saw go out with other breakfasts - the hollandaise though is lovely! Also the coffee is not good, bland, milky, too hot - with Food Game and 3FE so close they should be upping there coffee offering I think.
I'd love a simpler menu with a bit more flexibilty but it is packed every weekend morning so they must be doing something right :)

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Clodagh's K

• Korean first
usa
“Killer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Very unassuming Juniors delivers the goods. I went here 3 times and had something different each time as they change the menu. These are chefs chefs. They rely on some recipes inspired by the Avoca cookbook. First time I had the grilled chuicken salad and the Ruben. They were both excellent. Second time was for brunch , had a grilled peach salad with mozzarella that was to die for. 3rd time was a genius sandwich on the best bread I have had in Ireland. Worth the wait here , but it's small and very crowded. Not best spot for kids but the food rules!!!

• Visited July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“A busy place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Decided to eat here late on a Thursday evening and had a delicious meal with good wine,
Could not fault the food or service. I had vegetarian and my companions had the steak and clams, both perfect. This is a good local restaurant with good atmosphere, good food, lots going on around the area and we had a good experience.
I believe they do a good lunch too, we will be back.

• Visited June 2013
Fort Bragg, California
“Great fresh food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We weere tipped of to Junior's by a local, ate a later lunch, some of the specials were already gone. You order in with the cooks (a little confusing), but the soup, sandwich, bread were great. Small place, some outside tables. We are told they have a great brunch on weekends. Very near our hotel, the Grand Canal.

Visited June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Great local busy eatery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Popped in here last week and had a really good meal....place iris small and you re on top of each other but we knew that going in....pint of prawns to start with, really good, no fault....one went for the ribeye which was also excellent, I went for the other form of steak salad on a bed,of rocket, balsamic and Parmesan...also really good, house wine was not,great
Staff were very good and on the ball, nice vibe in there also, will,defo back! good job!

Visited June 2013