“Thoughtful service for Arthur, 9 months old!”
Review of Honest To Goodness

Honest To Goodness
Ranked #315 of 2,724 Restaurants in Dublin
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: At Honest To Goodness & Honest Pizza the quality and freshness of the ingredients is most important, this is why me make, bake and cook as much as we can in store every day.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We are two regulars of the old Honest to Goodness location and arrived in, with Arthur (9 months old), to have our usual Saturday brunch in the new place. A tad optimisitic maybe but we thought our little 9 month old angel wouldn't need any food, while we gorged ourselves on top class HB, (healthy breaky).

True to form, Arthur changed his mind, and when he loudly made it clear he was serious, we thought we would have to leave. However, one of the staff noticed and came to the rescue with a bowl of fresh finely chopped steamed vegetable dinner (see picture), saving the day.

I knew from the old location that they were good people serving behind the counter, but this was just outstanding outof the ordinary service and we, and the table next to us, were really impressed.

We enjoyed the healthy food as usual, and the new place is much nicer to eat in than the old, tiny, location, but I have to say that we were bowled over by the kind and thoughtful server...its a pleasure to eat there!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Having been a customer of honest to goodness for over 3 years now and eat breakfast and lunch at their premises 4 days a week I could not fault anything got to do with this restaurant.

The place is owned by 2 chefs and all the food on the premises, from the breads to the meats and everything in between is prepared each morning on site and it shows.

The best thing about this restaurant is the friendly atmosphere and the quality of the food. One fault I would have had with this restaurant was their lack of seating during busy periods but thankfully they have moved to a much larger premises and seating is no longer an issue.

If I was to describe this restaurant in one word it would be "Excellent".

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Ok. So Honest to Goodness’ move has been under way since last week. I am daily visitor of the place (for take out lunch), & have had to make alternative arrangements over the last couple of days, but when I saw the post on FB last night that they were opening tomorrow I though I would make my down to the new location for lunch. I arrived at 12:15 (which is 15 minute later than I usually visit) and the door was unlocked so I made my way in, I acknowledged one of the servers who I recognised from previous visits to the George St location, another server said “Hello” & I said that I would like a cobb salad to go, the response I received was “sorry we are not open until 12:30”, the owner of the place was standing beside the guy & didn’t even bat a eyelid. I duly left the place in search of somewhere that was open before 12:30 (funnily enough I didn’t struggle to find other places open – it was lunch time on a Wednesday after all). A couple of points to note is that a) the door was open, b) there was no sign to say that they were not open until 12:30 & c) being a loyal regular customer over the last year means nothing. Good luck Honest to Goodness, you are going to need it (remember it’s the customers that pay the bills!) I won’t be back.

4  Thank Mclaren1Ireland
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It may have just been a sandwich, but it was outstanding. Great combination of flavors. Excellent food for the vegetarian as well as the carnivore.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

A litlle tight for space, but don't let that put you off. Well worth the effort to seek this place out. Had a lovely breakfast which set me up for the day.