“The most authentic the least commercial...I love you!!!!”
Review of MacCoole Day Tours

MacCoole Day Tours
Ranked #88 of 245 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: MacCoole Tours Cliffs of Moher and West of Ireland DAY TOURS from Dublin seven days a week. FREE gentle guided mountain walk, FREE farm visit- have fun at our 300 year old working family farm. Met our baby lambs! Taste our mums delicious homemade apple pie in our farm cottage cafe. See the world famous Cliffs of Moher. Explore vibrant Galway City!We depart Suffolk St. Tourism Centre at 7:10am daily. We operate this tour 7 days week, no cancellations.200% local guides guaranteed!!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is different type of touring...They will take you out of the bus and deliver the most amazing, truly local experience. We took a transfer bus to Galway and signed up for open return ticket so that we could come back on Sunday. Bear in mind, the tour only starts in Galway and you're on a busy motorway between Dublin and Galway ( honestly you can snooze away :-) We had a great weather so the excitement rose as we were approaching our first real stop - the farm and the walking centre in the Burren. We were greeted very warmly but that was just a touch of irish hospitality they had for us. The farm was an absolute highlight of the day - we hiked up the Burren and John, very handsome young owner of the farm told us folk stories about the region, the Cliffs and the local people we couldnt resist neither his charm or the breathtaking views. We were invited to his grandma's cottage at the end, where the fire was on and John told us stories from his family life...I have to say, I had the best fruit of the forest tart, i mean like EVER! The Cliffs were stunning as always ( saw them last year ) but the farm tour made a difference to the experience, oh it really did... I would too be very jealous if I was your competition... keep doing what you're doing because its 100% amazing. It's a tour with a twist everyone should have. Be proud and dont worry! Love from Ann and Becky

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I went to Dublin on my English A-Level Senior Trip.

When we went on this Day Trip we were told to get up super early, but, let me tell you, it was more than worth it!
We had an amazing time on the bus with our lovely guide, and, despite the terrible weather, got to take a walk around Galway, visit Dunhill(?) castle, the family farm (including a tour of the property, having a piece of their amazing homemade cakes and warming up in their cosy salon) and - of course - went to see the Cliffs Of Moher.

It was a view I will never forget, the beauty of it is simply breathtaking!

Thank you MacCoole Day Tours for the amazing time we had - not only did I get so see an incredible amount of Ireland's beautiful landscape, I also got to learn a lot about Irish traditions - I will surely come back!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Cliffs of Moher Day Tour was excellent. I have to say that the Cliffs weren't even the best part of the tour. In fact, it was really foggy the day of the tour and the Cliffs didn't look their best. (But that was made up for by the mini cliffs that we were taken to afterwards.) Knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and funny tour guides, Caroline and John, really made the trip the great experience that it was. It was more than your average day tour where you're driven to a site and let out to take pictures, and then driven back to your starting point. You get to stop at an actual family farm and walk the land and learn the history. Your questions get genuine, personal answers from people who are deeply rooted in the area. Also, cakes. Enough said.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Had a great time on this tour! Caroline, our tour guide was very knowledgeable and she taught us a lot! We went through many villages and stopped first at the Cliffs of Moher. Sadly it was extremely foggy, and we didn’t get the best view. However Caroline took us down along the coast to these mini cliffs-view there was quite nice! After we went to her family’s farm, which was really fun! I loved the view at the top of the Burren Mountain. Home-made apple pie was good too! And I must not forget Billy, their wild goat (dog). Would definitely recommend this tour company!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 3, 2013

You get to see so much on this tour that it's hard to believe it happened in a day. You'll see a lot while on the bus. Both tour guides, Caroline (throughout the tour) and John (tour at the farm), have great senses of humor that keep you entertained. They also helped take pictures for us.

Cliffs were foggy, so the tour also took us to smaller cliffs for better pictures. Didn't seem like a typical tourist spot. It had less people, which was great. We had a short hike on the farm, which gave us a great view. There is a faerie tree there, which people tie stuff on, so bring something (pen, fork, hair tie, etc.) to tie on the tree. After the hike, we have some time to sit down & get dessert & tea or coffee on the farm. I had coffee & the fruit sponge cake, which were both good. Then, we learned about Gaelic sports. Finally, we went to Galway, where I stayed the night. The open return ticket covers your trip going back to Dublin. Definitely worth it!