“Lovely!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dublin
Oaklodge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 162 Dublin B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Lovely!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had a great experience at Oaklodge all around. We ended a 9 day tour of southern Ireland there and agreed that it was the nicest place we stayed. Teresa's attention to detail made it feel like a very comfortable home. Our room was impeccably clean and even the sheets were pressed. Breakfast each morning was a beautiful and delicious feast. We also loved the neighborhood... close enough to great restaurants and Marion row, but quiet enough to be relaxed from the hustle and bustle of Temple Bar. We hope to return again to Dublin soon and will definitely look forward to our next stay at Oaklodge.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Éclose, Rhone-Alpes, France
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Teresa is a very pleasant hostess, always smiling. It is his house with great taste and is very thorough. We stayed a week with our baby in the house, the home that we reserved it is worthy of the Irish heat we hear about. The room was very clean and the bathroom very comfortable. The district of residence is one of the most beautiful Dublin. Not to mention the delicious breakfast box.
If you need to make a living in the Irish capital, I highly recommend Oaklodge Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
France
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Oaklodge. Teresa was very helpfull for all transportation details including a badge to stay in the street if needed. The house is nice in a lovely Georgian neighbourhood, quiet and easy to reach by bus, even at night. The first day we went to Dublin Center by foot (25 minutes) and it was a pleasant walk with typical houses all long, easy to find with the plan provided by Teresa.
Rooms are quiet and comfortable, breakfast is great with a choice of fish or cheeses, rarely offered and appreciated at the end of the stay.

We recommand it.

Rooms were comfortable, nicely, but simply decorated and most important....spotless. Breakfast was delicious, everything made to order. Teresa is a love

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Worcester Park, Surrey.
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed in a single room for 4 days in late July 2012. Teresa was the perfect host, the room was a large single with small double bed, it was clean, well furnished and the toilet and bathroom facilities down the landing were spotless. Breakfast was ordered the night before and there was ample on the menu to accommodate all tastes. I would not hesitate to recommend Teresa's bed and breakfast , she has a beautiful home and if I am ever staying in Dublin again I would always check to see if Teresa has any vacancies first.

Room Tip: Single room is of a good size with a small double bed, toilet and bathroom facilities are down the l...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TessieC
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a really late review, but I feel it will help others in deciding on staying here. We stayed here during Halloween week in 2011, and we were pleasantly surprised. We took the bus from the airport straight there. Had to walk a bit from the stop to get there, but it wasnt terrible. Mrs.Theresa was very accommodating, and let us borrow umbrellas during our stay. The room was beautiful. Breakfast was traditional Irish. We toured the rest of Ireland only to return here for our last day in Ireland. She knew about our special day on Halloween on Inishmor, and set us up in a bigger Beautiful room, with a personal note from her with a bottle of wine. I thought that was such a classy touch.
She called our cab the morning we had to leave with no trouble. We love Ireland so much, and thanks to her when we come back, we will DEF stay here again. :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Auckland
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Oaklodge is situated in a pleasant, quiet neighbourhood within easy reach of the central city by bus. The Airbus from Dublin airport dropped us off at the bus stop close by to Oaklodge.and when it was time to leave and pick up our rental car from Hertz, we found that to be a pleasant 30 minute walk along the canal.
Teresa is an excellent hostess, provided a very nice breakfast and gave us good local knowledge.
Our room was a good size and well maintained.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Had a lovely stay at Oaklodge. For the price, I'm not sure you can beat it, especially in such a fantastic location (I'm never staying anywhere in Dublin but Ballsbridge again!) You can walk to great running paths on the canal, and only a few blocks further and you're right downtown. There's also great bus service, but it seems a waste when you are only a 15-20 minute walk to St Stephen's Green!
Right around the corner is Herbert Park, and a few blocks the other direction the wonderful neighborhood of Ranelagh with its great restaurants!
The rooms are clean and nice, but a bit of the old-school style about them - probably very high-end 10-15 years ago - not helped by the typical thin walls of these lovely old houses.
Breakfast was also nice, but I would argue that single guests can be made to feel quite awkward when sitting as the third wheel at the table. There are multiple tables in the breakfast room - I couldn't figure out why only one was ever set, regardless of how many people were coming down to breakfast. One particularly awkward morning it was myself, a brusquely untalkative solo traveler, and a couple who didn't seem to speak English - we ate in uncomfortable silence with the radio on quite loudly about the perils of riding a bicycle in Dublin! Another morning I was pulled into a religious discussion by the couple I sat with, and breakfast is way too early to have to worry about not offending strangers!
Overall, a nice spot, a great deal in an expensive city, and tasty breakfast, but a bit old-school.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank malloyprof
TeresaoHara, Owner at Oaklodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I would think the house is more old world than old school. As it is a period house of the victorian era we have endeavoured to retain the wonderful features of that era while also introducing the comforts of today. The rooms are updated on a rota basis each winter. The latest one just finished before the beginning of the season this year. Therefore, there is no part of the house with decor 10 - 15 years old as suggested. We receive many compliments on the excellent and tasteful decor. I am surprised at the suggestion that the walls of houses of this period were thin which is contrary to my experience of houses built at the turn of the century. With regard to the dining room I have kept it in the old style with two large antique mahogany tables. I endeavour to ensure my guests have a comfortable experience at breakfast. As people dine at different times in the morning being uncomfortable with your companions is not usually a problem. In fact the dining experience is generally very entertaining and informative and my guests are more often than not keen to exchange their experiences and pass on the knowledge they have gained about the city or even other parts of the country . Quite often new friendships are formed at the breakfast table and guests keep in touch long after they have left Oaklodge. I do have a radio and CD player in the dining room and I allow my guests to chose their listening pleasure. I generally put on some classical background music but my guests often change to a radio station to catch up on weather forecasts etc. I can assure you you will not be disappointed when you come to stay in Oaklodge