“Flawless experience”

Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Lurgan, United Kingdom
“Flawless experience”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I stayed with my wife overnight for a combination of business and pleasure.It marked
the 13th hotel that I have stayed in of a similiar standard in the Dublin area. My assessment is that quality underpins all that the Gibson do.Standard of the rooms and food was unrivalled

I enjoyed the personal touches too - I wanted to show my wife the health suite which will open soon - it was locked but a manager who was in the area offered to open. All staff were friendly and apperaed genuinely interested in their guests - not just the script
that I have experienced elsewhere.

I have booked again in October to see a concert in the O2 - it is strategically placed if you want to enhance the concert experience. Ian

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dminihane, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2010
Dear Fidget19,

We are delighted you enjoyed the quality of our bedrooms, food and the attitude of our staff. I have passed your comments on to our team who really appreciate such feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in October, our relaxation room will be open on your return and I hope you find time before or after the concert to chill out in the sauna, steam room or outdoor hot-tubs. If you should need any assistance with your return visit, or wish to request a certain room type, so not hesitate to contact me personally at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Really impressed with the Gibson. Great room, plenty of space, quiet rooms. Staff were excellent in all areas and we really enjoyed the food, wine, music and atmosphere in the bar.

The Luas really is just outside the door and this makes it a very easy location to get to. We enjoyed it and will certainly be back.

Dear Naxat,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I have passed your comments on to our team members. We hope to welcome you back to the Gibson in the future.

Deputy General Manager.
Belfast
Reviewed August 28, 2010

This new hotel has just opened behind the O2 and at the eastern most stop of the Luas in Dublin. It is very chic with modern wifi throughout. Glass, steel and funky decorations. It's very impressive. The spa facilities are delayed in opening because of a floor fault. I always judge a hotel on how they respond to guest disappointment on hearing this sort of news. They were perfect. Arranged use of their sister hotel's facilities and transport to it! They upgraded us to boot!
There are speakers for the TV in the en-suite, which you can't volume control, this is as big a gripe as I can come up with. They have a car park, price of which is not included in the hotel cost. (The front of the hotel is fiendishly difficult to locate by car and is not where you enter the car park)
Breakfast is excellent. Try the wheaten bread, it's superb, all crumbly yet moist and nutty....mmmm. Decent selection for veggies.
Looking forward to my return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob1e
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Bob1e,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; especially that you enjoyed the breakfast selection. It really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. Your words are very kind, are gratefully received and have given us all a big lift.

I hope it is not too long before you return to us again.

Kind Regards,

Gordon Callinan
Manager On Duty
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 25, 2010

One of the newest hotels in Dublin, and one of the most stylish. There's a cool vibe from this hotel, the decor is bright, stylish, modern and a little bit funky.! The Hotel itself starts on the 3rd floor (access via elevator/or escalator) and the main bar and restaurant have a fabulous verandah running the length of it, with fantastic views directly on to the O2 Venue, across Dublin Bay and up towards the City itself. Staff are very attentive and clearly well trained. Rooms are modern with all mod cons inc air con and some have coffee machines. Some of them have terrace/balconies and are very spacious. The food is of excellent quality and bar prices are on par with many other Bars in Dublin...and not overcharged like some of the more 'tourist' Bars. There is a tram linking you to the main Dublin thoroughfare of O' Connell St - right outside the door which takes about 10 mins and travels up through the Financial Services area, which itself has an array of coffee shops/ restaurants/ bars etc which would be walking distance back to the Gibson. The Aircoach (direct from airport) stops beside the hotel, and the tram (Luas) also goes directly to Heuston (main) train station if you are transferring to another part of the country. At the weekend there is a lovely Market right outside, with lots of artisan and local produce available, fresh food and live music, a lovely way to spend a fine Saturday or Sunday morning! There are plans for a shopping centre and cinema in the Point Village which will only enhance the place. The Gibson is a great addition to this part of the city, and with its great location, excellent staff and attention to detail its well worth a visit !

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SarahJaneJohnson
Dminihane, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2010
Dear SarahJaneJohnson,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted to see such positive feedback and I have passed your comments on to the team. If I can be of any help with future reservataions do not hesitate to contact me on dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gibson Hotel in the future.

Ballymote, Ireland
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Stayed here last Saturday night with my wife just for a short break away. We had a bit of difficulty finding our way up to the hotel from the underground car park but eventually got there.
We took the lift to the spacious large third floor reception area which was very impressive.
The girl on reception was exceptionally nice and tremendously helpful.
We were assigned a lovely modern room next to the courtyard. The room itself was lovely with all mod cons you would expect inc flat screen tv and free wifi access. The bathroom was spacious with a walk in shower with two shower heads including one rain shower. On the downside, the mini bar was not stocked and the bed was a bit small. The communal areas are very modern and chic with modern lighting in the hallways.
We ate in the bar (as the restaurant is yet to open). The bar is in a large high ceiling open area over looking the O2. The service was good, the food was good, the drink was good, the prices were, well, this is Dublin!
We had breakfast delivered with a smile to the room the following morning which was excellent.
The hotel is a great place if you know your way around Dublin, with the Luas only outside the door. It is obviously in an ideal location for gigs in the O2 however we found that the price is hiked up when there is a gig on locally but I suppose that is the way, supply/demand etc.
This is a great hotel in a good location. The Point Village is still getting going and when the hotel restaurant is open the hotel itself will be perfect.
We will definitely be staying again and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Sligocouple1982,

Thank you for your recent review. It is great to see such positive comments about our facilities and our team here at the Gibson. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I have passed your comments all to all concerned. Please feel free to contact me at any stage if you are planning a return visit to Dublin at dminhane@thegibsonhotel.ie and I would be delighted to assist you with your reservation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gibson Hotel.

Deputy General Manager.
Pontefract, West Yorkshire, England.
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I stayed at The Gibson for two nights whilst on business in Dublin and chose the hotel on the back of its discounted rates. The hotel has only just opened and although not serious I did encounter a few teething problems but I would suggest that these will be ironed out quickly.
As you would expect the hotel is very modern, spacious and quite contemporary, the rooms are large, very well equipped and very comfortable. Importantly the staff are friendly, willing and attentive, a little too attentive maybe as they are obviously still following a training script, not a bad thing but seems a little forced.
I ate in the bar on both nights and thoroughly enjoyed the duck spring rolls, risotto and thai curry. I would definitely recommend.
Although not central, the location of the hotel is great for the O2 and with a tram stop immediately outside the attractions of Dublin are easily accessible.
My experience was slightly tainted because although the hotel was empty my request for a complementary upgrade was denied. In addition sky sports isn't yet available in the bar and also that nobody appeared to be trained on how to use the projector and tv screen, this meant that the Champions League match on teresstrial tv couldn't be screened either......I'm afraid this is a must for a solo traveller as it helps releive the stress after a long day in the office.
All in all I would recommend but I would give it a few more weeks until the teething problems are ironed out!!

1 Thank Adrian48
Dear Adrian48,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay despite the few issues you encountered. We were delighted to note that you found the staff friendly and attentive and I have passed your comments on to the team. To address the issues you have pointed out- Sky Sports is now available to our guests on both the big screen in the bar and the flatscreen TV in our residents bar. I apologise for the fact that you didn't receive an upgrade as requested. It is hotel policy to try to accomodate upgrade requests wherever possible depending on availablity. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this further or if you have any other queries do not hesitate to contact me at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Gibson Hotel in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Dublin is full of locations to sit back and enjoy an afternoon of relaxation and conversation with friends, I can now say that the Gibson is up there with the best of them. The short trip down on the Luas, up to the 3rd floor and then leave the world outside. Good bar food ( try the Seafood Platter or Thai Green Curry) as good as anything served in Bentleys or Dylan. The mood music and open space feel is great. Staff were good...attentive but not intrusive. Friends stayed overnight and were well pleased. Will be back to enjoy the facilities

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank WEEKENDER45
Dear Weekender45,

Thank you for your feedback. Glad you enjoyed the chilled out atmosphere in the bar. I have passed your comments on to our team. The Gibson is also a great place for events. Next time you are down in the area you should ask for a showaround and check out our function space and bedrooms. If you would like a showaround of the property at any time do not hesitate to contact me on dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie.