5,500 results
All reviews city centre point village relaxation area modern hotel port tunnel great hotel concert goers luas stop tram line residents bar bar food third floor executive room following morning would highly recommend this hotel o'connell street temple bar
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

We have stopped here many times in its 6 years and it's as good today as our first stay, yes it's out of centre but easy to get into centre on the Luis which stops right outside the door
Rooms are great and all mod cons !
Great bar area with views over Dublin
We stayed Friday 24th and asked for a coffee for my wife at main bar ! It was late and they said sorry we have cleaned machine ! No probs we went to residents bar, I ordered my drink and asked for a coffee ! Sorry machine been cleaned ! BUT !!! I will go to Kitchen and make you one ! What a barman wish I had got his name but I am sure manager will find out who he was ! Young guy

Trip type: Traveled with family
Thegibsonhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2016

Dear EJI3775,

Many thanks for taking the time to write about your stay at the gibson hotel.

It's so great to read that you have stayed with us on a number of occasion now and each time has been as good as the first!

I will pass on your lovely comments to the bar manager so he can figure out who the team member was that looked after you was.

Thanks again for review and hopefully see you for your 7th visit soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2016

This review is a tough one. On the one hand the hotel is a nice, staff are generally warm and helpful, rooms are large, quiet and comfortable, but.....

The hotel is off the beaten path and there is very little available in the vicinity of the hotel. That would not normally be a problem because the tram line ends at the front of the hotel. However, the tram is out of service at that end of the line until fall so getting into the center of town involves a painfully slow bus ride. Admittedly this is not the hotel's fault but it does detract from the stay. We also had a problem with our original room (junior suite) and had to move after our first day. This inconvenience was mitigated considerably by a very helpful assistant manager.

All in all not a bad stay but given the same circumstances, I would look at other options closer in to the city.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Thegibsonhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

SantaFeFF- Thank you for your recent review of the gibson hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and professionalism of all the team here. I'm sorry the location didn't suit your needs and that the luas was being serviced while you stayed with us. The Luas is back up and running and can get you into the hustle and bustle of the city within 15 minutes.

Please do consider staying with us the next time you are in town!

Kindest Regards,

Bríd Mc Auliffe

Assistant Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed June 25, 2016

Lovely bright, clean hotel, nice staff. only issue its a little way from town, there is a tram stop on doorstep ( wasn't running when we were there so had to walk to the next block to get the bus so maybe check if thats running yet) which would be convenient. Therefore no where to eat locally, except the hotel if you don't want to eat in town and catch bus/ tram back.. A shopping centre is being built next door so over the next 6 months? there may be more choice.had good aircon which was great as was hot when we were there.

Main issue was the dining.We had 2 meals at the Hemi, demi, quaver Bar and as I am gluten free( coeliac) asked what food was available.About half a doz things on the menu were gluten free yet when the waiter checked with the chef ( thank goodness) he said no actually they are not... only the salad and thai curry are...
Second night the waiter said the ribs where gluten free even though they were marked as containing gluten( which makes me very ill) asked to speak to manager who said I understand, and they should be able to alter most things???? I said surely your menu should be updated and correct ( i never complain and was very embarrassed)... he just said oh well I can give you a web site to find out where you can eat...seriously we were both stunned!! very unhelpful and rude manager..food was nice though...though I had the same thing both nights and no dessert available we were told??? not even berries and cream?? even though my husband had that with his dessert! So soured our otherwise great stay.

Room tip: Check if tram is working, otherwise walk in rain to bus.. If food allergies be very careful eating at the bar.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2016

Great modern hotel with all the expected amenities (no swimming pool though). Would have been 5 but the location is away from the central city. About 10 minutes walk to the convention centre then another 10 minutes to the city. The tram has been temporarily replaced by free bus going to the central, running at 10-15 minutes interval. It has its own restaurant which served great food. There are a few restaurants close to the convention centre. The attached shopping mall with cinema is currently empty except for 2 cafes (one Starbucks). Overall, great modern hotel but location is the only down side.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear IrisC_Auckland,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay.

I am really pleased to see that you enjoyed the gibson and our amenities as well as your dining experience in the restaurant too.

There is a lot of development going on in the area at the moment, so hopefully next time you visit there will be more in the vicinity for you to see.

Reviewed June 25, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely loved this hotel! Definitely not what we were expecting! It was trendy and fun and I love the clock! Brenda checked us in and she was super helpful! Will definitely stay here again if I'm ever back in Dublin! The only downside was it wasn't near anything too exciting. We were hoping we could walk to Temple Bar but it was too far. However, the rail was right in front of the hotel so that was a nice perk as well as having the airport shuttle there.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Amanda C,

Thanks a million for writing about your stay.

I'm really gad to see that Brenda looked after you so well and the gibson surpassed your expectations!

Hopefully we will see you again in the near future- there is a lot of developments going on in the area so hopefully next time there will be a bit more for you near by.