“Very Good”

Ranked #21 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Waterford
“Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Went to this hotel earlier this year and it really was a nice treat surprisingly easy to find just at the O2 we weren't there for any concerts just to relax for the night and some shopping.First impressions last and at first glance its a cold and sterile building but meeting the fabulous repletion staff it felt warm and welcoming hats off to who ever trains the staff because each one is on the a game.We stayed in a executive which was great with a balcony the room was stop less with everything we would want the wifi worked great bed comfortable great room.We went wandering in dublin for a while which is access as the luas stops just outside hotel which is great.Bar was funky with a great vibe a little expensive for some drinks but I won't complain.Breakfast the next morning was amazing the care and attention shown was great to see I will stay again and again.

Room Tip: Book this hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear MichaelBres,

I am delighted to read that your trip to Dublin and your stay at the gibson hotel was an enjoyable one. I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel with the tripadvisor community. I am happy to read that your stay was relaxing and found the staff warm and welcoming.

I have shared your fantastic feedback with all the team here and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Evans Sarpong
assistant guest relations manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for jls concert. Was brilliant for the location we wanted, literally right next to door to arena. Was very comfort, food was lovely, staff was very friendly! Was immaculately clean and very well maintained. Lovely decor. Would recommend. Can't fault

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jadepr
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Jadepr,

Thank you choosing to stay with us here at the gibson hotel on your trip to Dublin and the O2 arena to see JLS and for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel on trip advisor. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found the proximity of the venue to the hotel to be excellent.

I am delighted that all the stay you encountered during your stay were friendly and helpful. I have shared your lovely review with all the team here and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Kind Regards,

Evans Sarpong
assistant guest relations manager
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is a styish, modern and new hotel. I liked the location, but it might be a little out of the way for those who want night life. It is close to the quay and a nice place for a run. Only short trip on the light rail at the front of the hotel to city centre. Rooms were spacious, well appointed and we had a lovely balcony (but it was a little cool to use it). Food was OK (my son liked the room service and we ate several times at the bar) but could be better. The public areas are impressive and comfortable. I really liked the ambience of the hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Platycercus2014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay in the gibson.

I was so glad to see that you and your son enjoyed your stay with us, particularly that you found the hotel so comfortable and our location suited you.

Hopefully the next time we see you it will be a little warmer and you can enjoy the balcony more!

Thank you once again for you review.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

While the Gibson is on the outer edge of "walking distance" and maybe just too far for a walk at night, the accommodations are beautifully modern and our rate was very competitive. Best to access downtown Dublin from the light rail/train that stops right outside the hotel, on a crisp morning you can still walk to where the nightlife is (if you're wearing a pedometer, consider it a plus). We were able to store our bags with no difficulty and when the room was ready, we were VERY impressed. Comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom, and couldn't really ask for anything more. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TexasDaveYeehaw
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear TexasDaveYeehaw,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in the gibson hotel.

I was happy to read that you so impressed with your room and that you found your bed so comfortable. I was also delighted that you found our rates competitive and you found the Luas convenient during your stay.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the gibson again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I loved my stay at the Gibson, myself and my partner stayed in the executive suite and it was really spacious, had a huge terrace over looking the point village. The room was really modern and spotlessly clean. Staff were very helpful, food was delicious and room service was excellent. We didn't want to leave.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GalwayGaga12,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in the gibson hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience so much and the the executive room was to your liking. I was also so glad to see that the team were so helpful and that you enjoyed your dining experiences.

Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you back again and hopefully for a bit longer the next time!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I recently won a one night stay here through 2fm for an event in the O2. I honestly could not find one fault from entering to leaving this hotel. If has lovely modern rooms and restaurant/bar. It is literally a 30 second walk from the O2 which is great. I will gladly return here.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Trev1986,

I really appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review about your recent visit to the gibson hotel.

I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your experience here and that you would gladly return again.

I trust that you enjoyed your night in the o2 also and I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Helsingborg, Skåne Län, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Great hotel. Very modern and stylish. Friendly staff. Great breakfast. Not too impressed by the restaurant, but it was OK. Nice bar area. SPA on the 6th floor with sauna which was a pleasant surprise. Also a gymnasium.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Anita W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay in the gibson.

I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy the restaurant- I would appreciate any further feedback you might have about this in order to help us improve.

I was however delighted to read that this did not impact too much on your stay and that you enjoyed your breakfast experience, the bar and that you found the staff here friendly. I was also glad to see that you had time to enjoy the Relaxation Room and Gym during you stay.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding the restaurant, you can reach me on my direct email: cmcgreevy@thegibsonhotel.ie or by calling the hotel on 018615000