“Luxurious and lavish.. What more could you ask for”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #21 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Luxurious and lavish.. What more could you ask for”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I loved my stay at the Gibson, myself and my partner stayed in the executive suite and it was really spacious, had a huge terrace over looking the point village. The room was really modern and spotlessly clean. Staff were very helpful, food was delicious and room service was excellent. We didn't want to leave.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GalwayGaga12,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in the gibson hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience so much and the the executive room was to your liking. I was also so glad to see that the team were so helpful and that you enjoyed your dining experiences.

Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you back again and hopefully for a bit longer the next time!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (761)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I recently won a one night stay here through 2fm for an event in the O2. I honestly could not find one fault from entering to leaving this hotel. If has lovely modern rooms and restaurant/bar. It is literally a 30 second walk from the O2 which is great. I will gladly return here.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Trev1986,

I really appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review about your recent visit to the gibson hotel.

I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your experience here and that you would gladly return again.

I trust that you enjoyed your night in the o2 also and I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Helsingborg, Skåne Län, Sweden
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Great hotel. Very modern and stylish. Friendly staff. Great breakfast. Not too impressed by the restaurant, but it was OK. Nice bar area. SPA on the 6th floor with sauna which was a pleasant surprise. Also a gymnasium.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Anita W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay in the gibson.

I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy the restaurant- I would appreciate any further feedback you might have about this in order to help us improve.

I was however delighted to read that this did not impact too much on your stay and that you enjoyed your breakfast experience, the bar and that you found the staff here friendly. I was also glad to see that you had time to enjoy the Relaxation Room and Gym during you stay.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding the restaurant, you can reach me on my direct email: cmcgreevy@thegibsonhotel.ie or by calling the hotel on 018615000

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in early May. Everything was excellent from check in to the room, the bar, breakfast and check out. The hotel is located at the O2 venue but the LUAS tram stops directly outside so it has easy and quick access to the city centre.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Brendan E,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the gibson hotel on your recent visit to Dublin and for taking the time to share your experience with the tripadvisor community. I am delighted to read that you were impressed with the service you received from checking in until checking out.

I have shared your kind words with all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

assistant guest relations manager
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Quit a surprise to see such a modern building in the docklands. A great location next to the O2 Stadium and right on the tram line. Good proximity to the airport via the tunnel and the airport bus stops there. The hotel is very comfortable, great food and well laid out...a nice treat was fresh flowers in the lobby that guests could take one back to the room...nice touch!!

Room Tip: we liked our room looking over the inner courtyard...private and greenery below
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Marilee M
Dear Marilee M,

I am delighted to read that you found our hotel to be nice and modern and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel with the tripadvisor community. I agree the hotel is in a great location easily accessible from the airport via the tunnel and with the Luas stopping inches outside the hotel makes it quite easy to get in town now forgetting the hotels proximity to the O2.

I have shared your feedback with all the team here and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Ireland
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

How many times have we all fallen for the terms "close to", "adjacent" "nearby"? I know I have fallen hook, line and sinker for those phrases, only to discover that my version of close and that of the hotel varies greatly. Not so with this hotel and the O2. The hotel and the O2 closeness can be best described as "sharing a courtyard", so what does this mean? In simple terms, it means you can drive to the hotel, enter the underground car park, take the lift to the 3rd floor and check into your hotel, at a stunning reception area with more than helpful staff waiting at 3 separate desks to assist you. Walk away from check in, head towards the nearby lift, taking a beautiful rose with you to enjoy in your room, and enter a beautiful modern room. after this, you can head for dinner and drinks in the hotel, before crossing over to the o2 to enjoy your show of choice. alternatively, there is a cinema on ground floor level. It means quite simply, ladies, that you can do all this in your HEELS; flats for walking are not required; SCORE! In our case, on the same floor as reception,, our patio doors opened onto a shared enclosed courtyard, complete with ashtray-a possible solution to the no smoking in room policy. some of you may not like the idea of others being able to walk around your windows, we didn't see a soul. Nor did it bother us, as the heavy curtains gave total privacy. The room was fitted out with tv, tea and coffee making facilities, a table and chairs, and lots and lots of free space. The bed is built against a full room length unit which provides extra surfaces for holding all your items; ideal for a shopping trip, or tech head. Loads of storage in the closet for clothing, and decent toiletries were provided in the spacious ensuite which has a generous sized shower/wetroom effect - no spills onto the bathroom floor. We had dinner in the hemibar, which was tasty, service was good, but be warned, it is a little pricey. NOTE TO STAFF; the chocolate brownie is described as coming with mint ice-cream, i got vanilla....good vanilla dont get me wrong, but if varying from a described item, give the customer a warning; especially when her dining partner gets the selection of icecream, which included you guessed it- Mint.. excellent mint! Breakfast the next morning was delicious - full hot and cold buffet, loads of room, and space between tables, which meant i was able to have breakfast with my husband, without any of the other 50 people being able to join in our conversation. All in all, we had a wonderful stay in the gibson, very relaxing, totally quiet, and will definitely return for any future stays in dublin. Also, for reference, the Luas line is directly outside the door of the hotel, and its the last stop on the line so you cant miss it! (The point stop). Highly recommend this place for comfort and quality, and visit Harrys bar located in the courtyard for those who want beer at lower prices! Hotel staff; may i suggest that for your room service menu you offer something a little simpler than some of your items; never rule out the appeal of a simple toasted cheese and ham sandwich at the end of long day or night, and come on everyone wants chips!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChefRathMoy
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear ChefRathMoy,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to share your experience of the gibson on tripadvisor. I am thrilled to read that your experience was an enjoyable one and that you found the proximity of the O2 arena to your convenience.

I am delighted you enjoyed dinner in our hemi bar as well as enjoying breakfast in Coda the following morning. All the team here endeavour to make all guests stays as enjoyable as possible and I am happy to read that all standards were delivered during your stay.

I have shared your fantastic review with all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

assistant guest relations manager
london
Reviewed May 28, 2014

it is a fantastic building, although it is out of the central city, the luas line does stop outside the hotel, it is added expense. the waiting staff were very helpful, although they ran out of eggs two mornings! nice bedroom really comfy bed!

and we had to ask for bathrobes and slippers, which were given, but it was on the last day!
they have a small gym and relaxtion area, which was very pleasent, i would imagine on a summers day the outside space wpould be perfect.

We also had a decking area outside our room, which was really lovely, other guests on the same floor share this facility, so make sure you are dressed when the curtains are open!!

Room Tip: check which floors have the decked terrace, because it is a lovely facility
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ange1955,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Dublin and for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel with the tripadvisor community. I am happy that your enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

My apologies you weren't able to enjoy breakfast fully, I have mentioned your feedback with the executive head chef and he will be working closely with the team to ensure there is a lot of food available on the buffet.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.