“2 Ladies, 1 night in Dublin”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #22 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The Gibson is new and beautiful. Much larger than it looks. Simple elegance. Outside of our window was a bamboo garden. Nice bar. Great location to the old part of town. We walked to the downtown or took the tram. The tram is right outside. My only complaint, is getting off the bus from the airport, there is no direct way to cross the street to the hotel. One has to back track to the cross walk. This was not convenient while toting luggage. Otherwise, great place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Valerie W,

The Team and myself are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Comments like yours put a smile on our faces and make it all worth it because our main goal is to make all of our guests feel as comfortable as if they were at home.

Thank you again for your recent visit to The gibson Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

There are newer reviews for The Gibson Hotel

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed there on our first couple of nights of a 2 week Ireland trip. The hotel is in the middle of the vacant warehouse district BUT there is a trolley right outside and after a 15-20 minute ride you will be in city center. The rooms and hotel itself were lovely and everything you could ask for, actually much better than I expected.

HOWEVER.... DO NOT EAT at the restaurant. My wife's comment of "tasted like good frozen microwave food" is dead on accurate and I don't consider that a compliment at all. Since there is nothing around the hotel you will feel compelled to eat there one night when you are tired and don't feel like jumping on the street car out front. JUMP ON THE STREET CAR and go somewhere else.

I did try to order room service one night since that is a completely different menu and after calling for 30 minutes trying to get through I finally was able to place an order and the food was decent. The hotel lobby bar was only open once when we stayed which was a shame as its a cozy little bar but has very odd hours and not at all what is posted. Being so far away from everything you would think they would try to have better food.

I would stay there again IF it was in a better location as the hotel was nice, it lost 2 points because of location, bad restaurant, and bad service trying to order room service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StuartScott
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear StuartScott,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the gibson hotel, I am happy that you found the room and the hotel to be lovely however I am extremely disappointed that the food in the restaurant didn't meet your expectations. I have taken on-board your feedback that I will be sharing with the Head Chef. in the meantime if I can be of further assistant please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

A very smart chic hotel situated next door to the O2 Arena and within walking distance to town, although very well served by the tram system.
Hotel and rooms immaculate, spacious and well decorated with every amenity you require in a room.
However, let down by the pretty poor breakfast buffet selection, food was very bland.
Another bit of a nonsense is the big hike in room rates when a gig is on at the O2, members of our large party had their room rates doubled for the night of the gig.
However, a very nice hotel and great location for visits to Dublin.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Subeng,

I was delighted to read your kind comments about the service and facilities here at the Hotel along with your constructive feedback which I have taken on-board fully.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed in the Gibson recently as I was attending a concert in the O2, you cannot get a more perfectly located hotel in Dublin. It was a stones throw from the venue and is also located just off the financial area of Dublin. The Luas stops just outside the hotel also. The staff were very helpful and very courteous and the food was magnificent.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Martina111973,

I was very pleased to read your feedback following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel. I was delighted that you liked the hotel and the service we provided you with. I have passed on your kind words to the rest of the team at the hotel. Please do come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Loved our stay here in summer of 2012. The hotel was beautiful as were rooms. The hotel was extremely clean and situated in great location. The restaurant down stairs offered gluten free meal options which was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Denise O

Dear Denise O,

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. Your words are very kind, are gratefully received and have given us all a big lift.

I hope it is not too long before you return to us again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great staff all around. Check in was fast and easy. The rooms are large, great wifi access and quiet . Room had a small balcony, large bathroom with tub and separate shower. Tram system is outside the door with access to all downtown and across the street from The O2 music venue.

I would stay at the hotel again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ron C,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the gibson hotel. We can not wait to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to us while staying in the area for a wedding. I must say it had a great location and is a very impressive and imposing hotel. It's new and modern and certainly has a wow factor. Rooms clean and tidy and well specced. A great stay by all our group and would stay here again

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Stevebobs,

Thank you so very much for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you to your friends also who recommended us to you. I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the near future.