“Excellent staff”

Ranked #21 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Tralee, Ireland
“Excellent staff”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for a business conference. The hotel is very clean, nice minimalist decor, and good facilities. The staff make this hotel - it must have the most friendly and efficient staff in any Dublin hotel. Everything here just seems to work well, from breakfast through to the rooms. The only issue I have is that it is quite pricey - especially as you have to pay extra for parking. Overall, one of the top 3 Dublin hotels I've stayed in, and I'll definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RandWharton
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear RandWharton,

Many thanks for the fantastic review following your recent stay and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Manager On Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (771)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
cork, ireland
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have stayed here on numerous occasions and again it hasn't let us down. The staff at reception are very welcoming and helpfull. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. With the luas stop directly outside the door you can be in the center of the city in 10/15 mins and all the way to heuston station in 20 mins.
With the O2 across the way from the hotel it is ideal for a concert. Takes approximately 30 seconds to walk from door to door.
The only con that we would have was that the bar food was mostly Thai or seafood so we had to goto the restaurant for better food which is a little more expensive.
Other than that we would recommended to stay in this hotel for concerts or touring Dublin itself.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the O2
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jennandpete
Dear jennandpete,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a trip advisor review, reviews such as yours are important to our continuous development as they highlight areas where we are performing well, and more importantly, areas which may require some improvement.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind Regards

Plymouth, England
Reviewed September 24, 2013

You can tell by the height of the budleas in the adjacent stalled building lots the exact mpoment at which the recession kicked in!
This hotel was no doubt meant to be at the heart of a new dublin centre but that clearly hasn't happened
Nevertheless: very handy for the nearby conference centre and a short taxi ride from the airport, this place has a seventies feel but is none the worse for it. Breakfast service was a bit disorganised but the food itself was fine. Receptionists were exceptionally friendly and helpful.
A good place to stay and i shall use it next time I am staying in town.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank WanderingAcademic
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear WanderingAcademic,

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to review your stay with us. I am really pleased to know that your stay with us was a good one, and will make sure that all of the team get to see your great feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back should you return to Dublin.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I was disappointed that I did not research this better as the distance to any activities was a bit of a distance for my liking. The reception staff were excellent and very helpful. I felt that there was not enough bar staff and it ended up that I left the bar one night because no one came to assist.
All in all I suppose when I came to Dublin I looked forward to some good old Irish hospitality and being in such a big place can loose that. For a local it would be a great place as they probably get that every day.
The rooms are lovely and everything is so clean and well maintained.
I hope that they get a dublin bike hire closer as that would be ideal. There is also good transport at the door and it is not expensive in a taxi. Thanks it was still fun as the Dublin GAA team where staying.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank kforrest62
Dear kforrest62,

Thank you for sharing your experience of the gibson hotel with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed some aspect of your stay however I am disappointed to read that the high standards we have set for ourselves wasn’t experience throughout the hotel. I am also happy to inform you that the Dublin bike hire now comes all the way to the point village so perhaps you can use it when you are next in town.

I will be sharing your comments with all the team and I am sure the high standards will be delivered across the board. Again thank you for your review and I hope it is not long until we are welcoming you back to the hotel.

Manager on Duty
Belfast
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Lovely modern hotel - check in was faultless nice quirk offering old time favourite sweeties
Room was ready when we arrived - surprised at the size of it and bathroom, enjoyed the moonsoon shower -could not fault anything
One definite plus especially for women they had a decent hairdryer -not a stop and go slow product but a top of the range hairdryer!!
Attended a concert at the O2 with friends then they came back to see what the hotel was like - sorry they did not stay - had drinks at the bar not a problem service was quick atmosphere was loud people really enjoying a night out
Could not fault anything
Breakfast the next morning was plentiful and enjoyable, staff were attentive and well-mannered not a problem asking for anything
Could not fault our stay and looking forward to return

Room Tip: Stayed on the 6th floor good view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Holidaysarefundays,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed you most recent stay at the gibson hotel and thank you for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community.

I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon for your next concert or leisure stay.

Kind Regards

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel is directly opposite the O2 arena, so ideal for attending gigs there. Within the same building is an odeon cinema, so you won't struggle for things to do.
The 747 airport shuttle bus stops directly outside the hotel, and the LUAS (tram service) also stops outside, so it's an easy hop into the city centre for other attractions.
I stayed here to attend a conference at the Convention Centre, which was approximately a 15 minute walk away.
From the warm welcome I received on check in, to the helpfulness of the reception staff in checking real time shuttle bus services for me on check out, the service was faultless.
My room was chic and stylish, immaculately presented with nice little touches like post it notes with Oscar Wilde quotes and art work in the bathroom (fab wet room with monsoon shower).
Room had hot drink facilities, hairdryer, iron and ironing board in the cupboard. Bed was comfortable.
Complimentary papers were delivered to my room each morning, and there was a great selection of cooked and continental breakfast in the restaurant. The bar food was an asian menu- I tried the pad thai noodles which were delicious.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone, and would gladly visit it again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear lizmercer,

I was so glad to read your feedback following your recent stay at The gibson Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed the brilliant service we provide to our guests. I am very proud that the team delivered the best levels of service to you and that we met your expectations. As always I will be passing your kind words on to our great team.

I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Manager on Duty
melbourne
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Newish hotel on the outskirts of Dublin. Just beautiful. Very imposing escalators andloby as you enter hotel. Staff lovely and hotel room was fabulous. They got it right. To get into Dublin it's five minute ride on he tram that starts just outside the hotel . The decor and linens were beautiful and the restaurant had some of he most beautiful food I had in Ireland. A must to stay at

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank judy61Melbourne
Dear judy61Melbourne,

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to review your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to know that your stay with us was a good one, and I will make sure that all of the team get to see your great feedback.

Look forward to welcoming you back should you return to Dublin.