“Very nice hotel”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #23 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I booked this hotel for a team meeting and I found both the accomadation and conferencing facilities excellent. Isa Murphy was very helpfull with organising my meeting requirements . The breakfast is excellent with a large and varied choice. It is a very modern hotel and kept extremely clean. I would highly recommend this hotel for both business & down time..

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear J O Grady O,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed you most recent stay at the gibson hotel and thank you for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next concert or leisure stay.

Manager On Duty

Write a ReviewReviews (4,795)

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at the Gibson in a family room recently to facilitate attendance at a concert in the O2. Signs to the hotel were clear, we came from Cavan! And underground parking preserved us from the torrential rain of dublins summer. Once inside, it was easy to find lifts to reception. I approached the eager member of staff, well dressed and very smiley! Professionally greeted and very happy with level of attentiveness given to my wife children and I. Proceeding to the room via the bar, I ordered a Guinness which was carried to my room behind our entourage.. Lovely beer, right temperature and fresh. Room was a suit or family room, great space, balcony, tv air con was refreshing in the muggy atmosphere of rain from the balcony. We were quite high up and so the view over the city of Dublin was tremendous. We could even see the mountains. Anyway, we went to the concert that night and enjoyed it immensely. When we returned to the hotel it was easy to embark again with the crowds to one side we were ushered through to our bar. Late food at around 1am was great, and once again a drink or two were brought to our room. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience of the Gibson ,and would recommend 100 per cent and return readily.

Room Tip: Higher the better,
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear bilko68,

Thank you very much for such positive feedback on here and I am sure all the staff here at the gibson hotel will be delighted to read your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and we patiently await for your next visit.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Gibson is the perfect location if you want to see a show at the O2 It's literally in front of the door.
Airport shuttles (not all of them...be sure to check) drop of right at the hotel and the luas (the Dublin tram) connects with the city center. A taxi ride is only 7-8 Euros.
This hotel is not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. :)

Dear ChristinM,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience of the gibson hotel with the trip advisor community, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have just returned from Dublin where I stayed at The Gibson Hotel with my sister during St Patrick's weekend.

The hotel is very modern looking and had a great atmosphere inside, where the staff was extremely helpful and polite. It was easy to reach from the airport, about 15 minutes on the Aircoach for €10 return.

We stayed in a normal room on the 5th floor. The room was enormous and nice and clean. The shower was big and very pleasant too being wetroom style! No bath, though.

Locationwise, the hotel is excellent for those visiting the O2 arena as it is opposite the building on a quiet square. As for the city centre, well, if you don't mind catching the Luas tram, then this is conveniently located just outside the hotel. The tram stop is called "The Point" and it is at the end of the red line. Single tickets to Abbey Road cost €2, or you can buy a daily ticket for €6.40. The tram takes just 10 minutes to journey to the city centre.

Now, whilst the location isn't awful by any means, I would have preferred to stay closer to all the action (near O'Connell Street) as the trams stop running soon after midnight and if you want to walk, it will takes you 25-30 minutes or €10 in the taxi. There is also little to do in the immediate vicinity, although the hotel bar itself was very plush with a GnT costing just under €8. Also, bear in mind if you are travelling on St Patrick's Day then the tram does not run from the city centre to the hotel, so you will have to walk or taxi.

Another reason I have given 4 stars instead of 5 is that breakfast was not included. I think if I am paying £130 per night for a standard room, then I should not be paying an extra €18 for breakfast. Though there were lots of food options in the city centre.
It would have also been nice to have a minibar in the room.

Overall, I recommend this hotel highly :-)

P.S. I also recommend eating stew at the Guinness Storehouse as it was amazing!!

Dear Christina2001,

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The location of The Gibson is spot on, Showers are perfect, shower products are really lovely but the breakfast is awful, it is very poor quality and very poor choice, been here twice this year and spent four nights here and on all occasions the breakfast has been awful, hotel is clean, modern and well located but the food would need to improve

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ClareWithTheHairCom
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear littlemisshappy2010,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued Trip Advisor review. I am glad you enjoyed your rooms along with the great shower products we provide in the bathrooms. I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy breakfast with us though.

We are looking into improving on our service and hope you will allow us the pleasure of having you stay with us in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My daughter and I were going to see One Direction at the O2 so we chose the hotel for its location beside the venue plus the fact that we could get the Luas direct from the train station to its front door.I wasn't expecting it to be so modern,clean and the staff so friendly.The rooms are very cool (daughters word not mine) with a great shower.My only gripe was that the walls are a little thin so it's maybe not so peaceful.The complimentary newspaper is a nice touch.I would definitely recommend the breakfast,one of the best I've had.My daughter is mad to go to another concert just so we can stay at the Gibson again.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear deauvile,

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the 6th time this past week and I think that statement in itself says it all. It's perfect if you're attending a concert at the O2 but with the luas stop being right outside it's also a great place to stay in Dublin even if you're not going to the O2. The hotel is spotlessly clean as are the bedrooms, the staff have always been very nice and I don't think I've had a nicer hotel breakfast. The only fault I've ever found was once I was given a room on the 3rd floor that opened out into the courtyard as did the other rooms on the 3rd floor facing this way, I wasn't comfortable with the idea that anybody from the other rooms could wander into mine if I had the door open so I have avoided that since then but even so I have no doubt I'll stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the 3rd floor that open into the courtyard for privacy reasons.
2  Thank noir87
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear noir87

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the gibson hotel. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.