“Excellent hotel, great location”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #21 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Ireland
“Excellent hotel, great location”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed at the The Gibson lately for 2 nights on business, really lovely hotel, rooms are spacious and modern, service is excellent with very friendly staff. The location is really great with the Luas right outside the door, 5 stops and your in the middle of Dublin city centre, couldnt fault this hotel for accomodation, service and location. Well done The Gibson :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank vonny61
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear vonny61,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. Your words are very kind, are gratefully received and have given us all a big lift.

I hope it is not too long before you return to us again.

Kind Regards,

Gordon Callinan
Manager On Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (764)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

A very warm welcome. Nothing too much. A fantastic place to stay in Dublin. Easy access by the new tram line. Lush accommodation, a perfect stay. BeeKind complementary toiletries from Gilchrist & Soames London. I would definitely use this hotel again. Breakfast served in room and service provided above and beyond expectations. A * * * * * hotel. Highly recommended. A welcome note in room from duty manager Evans Sarpong. Absolutely wonderful. All that I always expect from a decent hotel.

Room Tip: High Floors absolutely lush.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
waterford
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Having arrived at the hotel at. 11 am we were pleasantly surprised to be shown to our room immediately. Must say the receptionist was excellent at her job very informative and extremely friendly .however that's where the friendliness l

Ended.
The bar / restaurant was awful didn't know where one started and the other finished . When we had arrived early I went to book dinner for that evening only to be told that it was booked up ok I can understand that so we had an early meal in town,planned to come back to hotel have a shower get ready for concert and go to bar for an hour or so to relax. Not so

My husband went to the bar to. Order drinks while I looked for a table found one looking out over the O2 lovely I thought just placing my derrière. On the seat when I was practically yanked up by a staff member and told I must queue. I explained that I wasn't having food was told still need to queue.went to the end of queue when I got to the top was told by another staff member that I wouldn't be getting a table because I wasn't eating and if I just wanted a drink then I would just have to stand at the bar.
I asked about the other bar that was closed and was told that was for a private function this is not acceptable I would only recommend this hotel for its location felt we were really treated shabbily and I did say this in my comment card and thought the manager might have contacted us about it

3 Thank deporresWaterford
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here over nite for the coronas concert, location is fantastic for any concerts in the O2 as its just a stones throw away, the hotel is spotless clean, and room was stunning, the shower is great with lots of room, and the bed was comfortable. We ate in the bar that nite and found the bar staff (3 men) very rude and unpleasant. They left me standing at the bar for 15 min's while it was clearly not busy and never even recognised me or even excused there selfs for the delay. I went to the bar a second time to inquire about cigaretts and the answer I got was "go out to reception" he didn't even look at me while he was answering me, and a third time when I went to get drinks again I got the same rudeness. I didn't however eat in the hotel again. It's such a shame after paying a lot of money to stay there and also €14 extra for parking, that a situation like this puts you off from staying there again. Over all fantastic hotel, but bar staff need to do some hospitality courses or have further training on how to work with the public and maybe smile instead of frown. And iv also had this feed back from friends who have stayed there too.

5 Thank Suecar88
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Great hotel, perfect for the o2 arena but also a nice distance from the city to still be accessible but away from the hubbub! Would stay here again in a heartbeat and really didnt want to leave! The rooms were great, big, clean, well lit, great amenities, nice and modern. Was lovely to see all the christmas decorations up too. Breakfast was excellent and well worth the money. We emailed the hotel in advance to enquire about breakfast and so we were given on arrival some little vouchers for breakfast so we only paid ten euro each. Would recommend doing that. The area around the hotel is still fairly under developed and there is nothing really going on so you do need to get a taxi or the luas into the city. The luas is really easy to use and take you to the city for 3e50 return and it stops right outside the hotel. We spent a lot of time in the bar as it had a nice atmosphere, drinks were quite pricey but theres nowhere else to go so if you need a drink it's your only option! The bar only serves asian food tho which was a bit annoying as we dont like asian food and when you are hungry and want a snack it is very limiting! We opted for room service one night and this was our only gripe with the hotel as the person on the order line was very rude and said ring back later we are very busy. We did ring back 5 minutes later and were greeted by the same rude staff member who reluctantly took our order, said no to every request we made (can we have some mayonaise or chutney for our sandwiches, can we have chips etc!) before hanging up he told us it will be a while as we r very busy! Delightful! When the food arrived it was cold, the chicken curry was more like soup, the drinks were not what we ordered, there was only one set of cutlery between four of us, and the delivery man told us we couldn't keep the tray as they needed it, so we didnt have anywhere to eat it from! So I wouldnt recommend the room service! But loved every other aspect of the hotel and room and really want to go back!! Recommended!

Room Tip: We asked for rooms on a lower level with outside access if possible, they put us in two rooms with a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CocoCooper
cork
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here recently as I was going to a concert at the O2. I have to say it was a great hotel with fantastic rooms and friendly staff. Well worth staying here if your going to a concert or even going shopping in Dublin with the Luas outside the door.

1 Thank palto
Ireland
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Gibson for the Mumford & Sons concert in the O2. From start to finish it was a great stay. It's the perfect location for going to the O2 and the service was excellent throughout. It's a very modern hotel with lots of nice touches. It's a bit odd that the hotel only really starts on the 3rd floor but you get used to it very quickly. The parking is a bit expensive at €14 for the night but there's not a lot of alternatives. Check-in was very smooth and only took a few minutes. Even when the bar was very busy after the concert the staff seemed to keep on top of things. The breakfast was nice with plenty of choice and we had a complimentary newspaper delivered to the door. The room itself was bright and spacious with a good TV. The staff were very friendly and courteous. Overall it's a very good hotel but it becomes a great hotel for the benefits it offers when going next door to the O2.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet night's sleep ask for a room that's facing onto the courtyard centre.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple