Recently stayed at the Gibson for a conference and have to say that overall it's a nice hotel. That said, it could be great with just a few minor adjustments. Here are the pro and cons':
- The rooms are big with plenty of closet/storage space. Not something you see in Europe very often and it was refreshing.
- The beds are very comfortable - especially if you like a firm one. I got plenty of restful sleep.
- The shower is fantastic and also very spacious.
- The WIFI is super fast and free.
- The common areas of the hotel are very trendy and cosmetically appealing.
- Check in was fast and courteous.
- The gym is well equipped from a cardio perspective. However, if you're looking for more you're out of luck. They do pretty much state this on their website so that is fair.
- Room service is not good from either a quality or timeliness perspective. I used it twice - once during dinner time and once the late night menu. Both times it took almost an hour to receive my food and neither time was it of decent quality.
- The room safe did not work and even after reporting it to reception is was not fixed. Didn't receive any additional information about it but I did find it annoying.
- The room thermostat does not work. No matter what setting you put it on it stays the same. I thought if might just be my room but in speaking with others at the conference they experienced the same issue. My room was cold most of the time.
The hotel has real potential but it makes me wonder if they aren't resting on their laurels a bit in that it is directly across from the O2 and they know people will stay there, if for nothing else, the convenience of access to the events. With just a few adjustments it could be great.
I'm not sure i would stay here again unless I was at a conference or in town specifically for an event at the O2.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic and understated with a music pedigree that runs deep, the gibson hotel Dublin is the ultimate urban retreat. Music lovers, art junkies, food fanatics - whatever your passion it's right on our doorstep. We do sleeping, meeting, dining, gigging, touring, wedding and relaxing really really well. We mix all these things with a fresh, energetic, slightly off centre approach and we know it works. Exhibitions, supporting local artists, urban weddings and the odd celebrity are elements of what makes us different to the normal Dublin Hotel. You will find our staff friendly, responsive and happy - there is a secret to this that we can't possibly share. The gibson hotel is the ideal location to explore the city and planning your stay is easy. The M1 and M50 are 8 minutes away via the Port Tunnel and we have ample covered parking for our guests. With the luas stop right outside our front door Connolly train station is only 8 minutes away and Heuston train station is a short 20 minutes from the hotel. The Luas will take you to the City centre in 10 minutes or if you prefer to take in the views of the River Liffey a brisk 15 minute walk along the quays will bring you to O'Connell street, the heart of Dublin city. Great beds, 100MB complimentary WiFi, a gym, relaxation area, restaurant, bar and meeting space are all part of the deal. The gibson hotel is modern yet comfortable, it's different and it's better, it's large, it's friendly and it's a building that is alive with great people from the moment you set foot until the moment you leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Gibson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.