“For the price it is fantastic”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #23 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Modern, bit cool, great burgers, outside areas, great rooms, decent gym, happy friendly staff. If you are not going to the o2 or the convention center then it is a bit of a distance but the tram works great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,799)

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I were very impressed with the Gibson. The hotel itself is modern with some beautiful architecture. Our room was very large when compared to the European standard and well kept and clean. Each staff member we came in contact with was friendly,helpful and accomodating. The only downfall was the location. If you are planning on spending most of your time in the city center, this is a little too far away in my opinion. The walk was about 20-25 minutes and a cab will cost you between 10 and 15 Euros. However, there is a light rail system right outside the hotel that is easy to use and takes you straight to O'Connell street. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Gibson is a very nice hotel: modern, nice rooms, lots of light, good service. The restaurant has a limited choice but the good is excellent. You feel isolated as construction stopped in the immediate area because of the financial crisis. The tram (Luas) is just in front and allows easy and fast transportation to the shopping and restaurants area.

Room Tip: Junior suites are very nice and view is nicer on the Liffey river side.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I booked a one night stay here for myself and my sister who were attending a concert in Dublin and we were both very happy with our stay! When I arrived the receptionist staff were very friendly and accommodating and the whole hotel has such an open, modern yet warm feel to it. The reception is on the 3rd floor but there is a beautiful glass elevator which makes it very accessible. Everything in the hotel seemed very clean and comfortable and the decor had a lovely artistic touch. Myself and my sister were both in awe of our room. We booked a regular room and it was stunning! The whole room and bathroom was absolutely spotless. The bathroom had a lovely shower and such elegant finishes. There was lots of closet space, tea and coffee making facilities, safe, clothes hanger, complimentary water bottle and a proper hairdryer. We had a big window in our room though although our view wasn't the best but as we were only staying one night this didn't at all bother us. The only thing that was a little off putting was we were going to a concert at the Aviva stadium that night and I felt that the Aviva was a bit father away than the hotels website said it was and it was a fair bit of a walk. In hindsight we should have gotten a taxi but even so the hotels receptionist was happy to give us directions and we got there eventually. Before we left for the concert we got dinner at the hemi bar below. The waiting staff were well dressed, friendly and efficient and the food was lovely and fresh. The bar was spacious, bright and a very pleasant atmosphere overall. The portions were a tiny bit small for what you were paying but we were still happy with the meal. The morning after we went back to the restaurant area and had coffee and croissants on the terrace overlooking the O2 arena. The terrace is a lovely place to sit (on a nice day!) and again we were happy with the food and service.

The only thing that might cause an issue for some people visiting this hotel is the parking situation. There is a car park literally right behind the hotel that is very easy to find as there is clear road markings for it. Because the car park is not actually owned by the hotel you do need to pay for it but guests get a special rate. I paid €14 for a days parking which I didn't have a problem with because we were only staying one night. But if you are intending to stay for a good few nights and want to bring your car then it might become an extra expense for you so just keep that in mind. There is a luas stop in front of the hotel which is handy although we didn't actually go into the city centre so I can't exactly judge how far away it is.

Overall this hotel would definitely suit anyone like me in their early twenties who want a nice place to stay without absolutely breaking the bank. For the amount I paid for the room I felt like I got what I paid for. I paid for a nice 4 star hotel and that's what I got so I was very happy. The hotel is absolutely ideal if you are going to a concert at the O2 arena because it's literally right next door. Whenever I go back to Dublin again I'll definitely stay here because I was very happy with it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ElleBxx
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear ElleBxx,

I was so glad to read your feedback following your stay at The gibson Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed the brilliant service we provide to our guests. I am very proud that the team delivered the best levels of service to you and that we met your expectations. As always I will be passing your kind words on to our great team. I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at the Gibson for two nights in the end of september. Very nice and modern hotel with good service. The room was rather large, but the beds and pillows were very hard so I didn't sleep to well. The restaurant/bar was nice and the breakfast was decent, but nothing more. The location was pretty good near the river.

1  Thank rkvalvaa
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Great location if going to gig in O2 otherwise need to use Luas to get to city centre especially at night. Stylish environment, spacious room but very poor service in bar area. Glass lift gives good views of parts of city - should go higher!

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Michellef,

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great Hotel Great location and Great staff. The Gibson was not my hotel of choice but im so glad i stayed there. The rooms were modern, clean and affordable. The staff have a great sense of customer satisfaction. Great job to everyone

1  Thank Frank C