“Really loved this hotel and will definitely be back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #20 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Kerry
“Really loved this hotel and will definitely be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I booked a one night stay here for myself and my sister who were attending a concert in Dublin and we were both very happy with our stay! When I arrived the receptionist staff were very friendly and accommodating and the whole hotel has such an open, modern yet warm feel to it. The reception is on the 3rd floor but there is a beautiful glass elevator which makes it very accessible. Everything in the hotel seemed very clean and comfortable and the decor had a lovely artistic touch. Myself and my sister were both in awe of our room. We booked a regular room and it was stunning! The whole room and bathroom was absolutely spotless. The bathroom had a lovely shower and such elegant finishes. There was lots of closet space, tea and coffee making facilities, safe, clothes hanger, complimentary water bottle and a proper hairdryer. We had a big window in our room though although our view wasn't the best but as we were only staying one night this didn't at all bother us. The only thing that was a little off putting was we were going to a concert at the Aviva stadium that night and I felt that the Aviva was a bit father away than the hotels website said it was and it was a fair bit of a walk. In hindsight we should have gotten a taxi but even so the hotels receptionist was happy to give us directions and we got there eventually. Before we left for the concert we got dinner at the hemi bar below. The waiting staff were well dressed, friendly and efficient and the food was lovely and fresh. The bar was spacious, bright and a very pleasant atmosphere overall. The portions were a tiny bit small for what you were paying but we were still happy with the meal. The morning after we went back to the restaurant area and had coffee and croissants on the terrace overlooking the O2 arena. The terrace is a lovely place to sit (on a nice day!) and again we were happy with the food and service.

The only thing that might cause an issue for some people visiting this hotel is the parking situation. There is a car park literally right behind the hotel that is very easy to find as there is clear road markings for it. Because the car park is not actually owned by the hotel you do need to pay for it but guests get a special rate. I paid €14 for a days parking which I didn't have a problem with because we were only staying one night. But if you are intending to stay for a good few nights and want to bring your car then it might become an extra expense for you so just keep that in mind. There is a luas stop in front of the hotel which is handy although we didn't actually go into the city centre so I can't exactly judge how far away it is.

Overall this hotel would definitely suit anyone like me in their early twenties who want a nice place to stay without absolutely breaking the bank. For the amount I paid for the room I felt like I got what I paid for. I paid for a nice 4 star hotel and that's what I got so I was very happy. The hotel is absolutely ideal if you are going to a concert at the O2 arena because it's literally right next door. Whenever I go back to Dublin again I'll definitely stay here because I was very happy with it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ElleBxx
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear ElleBxx,

I was so glad to read your feedback following your stay at The gibson Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed the brilliant service we provide to our guests. I am very proud that the team delivered the best levels of service to you and that we met your expectations. As always I will be passing your kind words on to our great team. I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Manager on Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (738)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at the Gibson for two nights in the end of september. Very nice and modern hotel with good service. The room was rather large, but the beds and pillows were very hard so I didn't sleep to well. The restaurant/bar was nice and the breakfast was decent, but nothing more. The location was pretty good near the river.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rkvalvaa
belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Great location if going to gig in O2 otherwise need to use Luas to get to city centre especially at night. Stylish environment, spacious room but very poor service in bar area. Glass lift gives good views of parts of city - should go higher!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Michellef,

sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great Hotel Great location and Great staff. The Gibson was not my hotel of choice but im so glad i stayed there. The rooms were modern, clean and affordable. The staff have a great sense of customer satisfaction. Great job to everyone

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Frank C
Dear Frank C,

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Fabulous hotel, great staff, rooms, food, bar and location. It is beside the O2 and the Luas is just outside the front doors. the parking is expensive 14 euros for 24 hours but it is really handy as you can just get the lift from the carpark up into the hotel. The rooms are really well soundproofed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 6th floor with a balcony and a view of the river
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ArdMhacha
Dear ArdMhacha,

Bicester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

my boyfriend booked this hotel as a suprise. i wasnt sure on it at first as of the location but once inside i changed my mind. staff was really helpful and they let us check in early. The rooms were big and the beds were really comfortable. even though it was near a main road you couldnt hear the traffic. the hotel was in distance of good transport links as it is at the start of the tram line which was a good price and ran through the whole city. i would really recommend staying at this hotel and would go back.

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren K
Dear LaurenK,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Great location - love the design, large spacious rooms, clever bathroom, great public spaces, restaurant and bar areas. Enjoyed our brief stay in Dublin, great that they serve breakfast so late on the weekends very civilised!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends