The Gibson Hotel
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$179
$172
Hotels.com
$231
Mespil Hotel(Dublin)
$145
Great 4.5/5
Jurys Inn Dublin Parnell Street(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$198
$190
$314
$285
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$293
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$263
$235
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$131
$298
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
4,928 results
All reviewspoint villagecity centrerelaxation areamodern hotelport tunnelgreat hotelconcert goersluas stoptram linebar foodthird floorexecutive roomenjoyable stayfollowing morningwould highly recommend this hotelhotel barvisiting dublin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel was superb in every way, it was modern, sleek, efficient and great value for money.

We arrived on a Thursday late afternoon for a long weekend break and check-in was fast and efficient. The rooms were very modern and had everything you could ask for; excellent sized bathroom, comfy bed, chairs, balcony. I went into the gym on of the mornings and again that was small but had good cardio equipment with a fridge in there too.

The bar is an excellent place with atmosphere and good staff who look after your every need, not priced too badly either considering it's a hotel next to the 02. That leads me onto the location, it is pretty good, only about 10 minute journey from the city centre via the Luas (right outside the door), and you get to see the regenerated part of Dublin, it's worth jumping off at George's Dock for a drink too.

Breakfast good too.

Would stay here again and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear “Worcester”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I am delighted to see that you were so satisfied with your overall experience in the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

The location of this hotel is a little odd being in behind the O2 and surrounded by seemingly unfinished buildings.

However, what it lacks in location it makes up for in service, quality of food and standard of rooms.

The hotel is very new compared with the competition so I hope they can keep up the standard.

Breakfast was slightly disappointing but otherwise food was excellent for this standard of hotel.

Well worth the extra walk. I will stay again

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear “Zcar”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I am happy to see you enjoyed the service and the design of the hotel. I was disappointed to see you were not entirely satisfied with the breakfast as this is an area we regularly receive good compliments. If you have any further feedback on this, or is you require any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a few times for business, it is truly comfortable and the décor modern and stylish. The breakfast is delicious and varied, the rooms spacious, clean and well equipped. I would definitely come back to stay for a leisure trip, too.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear “Tuscany82,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and in particular your room and breakfast. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have stayed at the Gibson Hotel many times when attending a concert in the O2 it is ideal as it is 30 seconds walk to the venue and the luas is just outside the door of the hotel and will take you to the city centre of Dublin within about 7 mins. The staff are really excellent at this hotel and very helpful. The rooms are clean spacious and modern. The bar in this hotel is modern and has a varied selection of food and drinks.It always lovely to sit out on the balcony of this hotel with a cocktail in hand watching the world go by. A great modern hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear “catriona_1980”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel yet again and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. It is very encouraging to see you continue to enjoy your stays in the hotel and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on many more occasions. In the meantime, if I can be of any more assistance, please do not ehsitaet to contact me.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

There was nothing on at the O2 so we got a great deal on a double room for this hotel. It is stylish, modern, very clean and well laid out. They have clearly put a great deal of thought in to the decor and furnishings as well as the overall design of the hotel. However, it has a bit of an airport lounge feeling to the space. Staff are efficient and welcoming but not fun and charming.
Connections in to the city centre are brilliant as the tram stop right outside the door.
So, top score on everything. Restaurant is good, food is great, room was large and faultless and the design worked very well. We will certainly stay here again if we can get a similar deal.

Room Tip: If you can get something above the third floor with a balcony that would be nice but all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gordon B
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear “Gordon B”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and that you found the features of the hotel and our location to your satisfaction. I’m delighted that you intend on returning again and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.