“Good service, good food, good times!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #20 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
London
“Good service, good food, good times!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

The location of this hotel is a little odd being in behind the O2 and surrounded by seemingly unfinished buildings.

However, what it lacks in location it makes up for in service, quality of food and standard of rooms.

The hotel is very new compared with the competition so I hope they can keep up the standard.

Breakfast was slightly disappointing but otherwise food was excellent for this standard of hotel.

Well worth the extra walk. I will stay again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear “Zcar”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I am happy to see you enjoyed the service and the design of the hotel. I was disappointed to see you were not entirely satisfied with the breakfast as this is an area we regularly receive good compliments. If you have any further feedback on this, or is you require any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

gcallinan@thegibsonhotel.ie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (738)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a few times for business, it is truly comfortable and the décor modern and stylish. The breakfast is delicious and varied, the rooms spacious, clean and well equipped. I would definitely come back to stay for a leisure trip, too.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear “Tuscany82,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and in particular your room and breakfast. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Laytown Co Meath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have stayed at the Gibson Hotel many times when attending a concert in the O2 it is ideal as it is 30 seconds walk to the venue and the luas is just outside the door of the hotel and will take you to the city centre of Dublin within about 7 mins. The staff are really excellent at this hotel and very helpful. The rooms are clean spacious and modern. The bar in this hotel is modern and has a varied selection of food and drinks.It always lovely to sit out on the balcony of this hotel with a cocktail in hand watching the world go by. A great modern hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear “catriona_1980”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel yet again and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. It is very encouraging to see you continue to enjoy your stays in the hotel and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on many more occasions. In the meantime, if I can be of any more assistance, please do not ehsitaet to contact me.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

There was nothing on at the O2 so we got a great deal on a double room for this hotel. It is stylish, modern, very clean and well laid out. They have clearly put a great deal of thought in to the decor and furnishings as well as the overall design of the hotel. However, it has a bit of an airport lounge feeling to the space. Staff are efficient and welcoming but not fun and charming.
Connections in to the city centre are brilliant as the tram stop right outside the door.
So, top score on everything. Restaurant is good, food is great, room was large and faultless and the design worked very well. We will certainly stay here again if we can get a similar deal.

Room Tip: If you can get something above the third floor with a balcony that would be nice but all the rooms a...
1 Thank Gordon B
, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear “Gordon B”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and that you found the features of the hotel and our location to your satisfaction. I’m delighted that you intend on returning again and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

northern ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at the Gibson while attending a concert at the O2 arena. It's a very clean, modern hotel, the staff are all very efficient and friendly and it is so convenient for all the travel connections. Food is good too. Only negative is that it is VERY hot and the air con in the bedroom is quite loud so you have to take your pick with either when tryiing to sleep. Other than that I would highly recommend.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear “she1959”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and also for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I’m sorry that you found the air conditioning to be hot in your room. I would be grateful if you would contact me as I would like to discuss this further with you in order to fix any issues that might be there. I’m delighted to see you enjoyed the remainder of your stay and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Sagres, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

This sleek modern hotel provided a nice overnight for my wife and I. The hotel is new, ultra sleek and convenient to the tram into downtown. Would recommend to anyone

, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear “Tom1934”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and also for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I’m delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further convenience, please do note hesitate to contact me.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Superb service from staff , very responsive and helpful .
While not in the centre of town, is easily accessible via public transport .
Highly recommended !

• Stayed July 2012
, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear “superdin0”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in your hotel and that our team helped to contribute towards this. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.