“Great Hotel Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #21 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
northern ireland
“Great Hotel Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at the Gibson while attending a concert at the O2 arena. It's a very clean, modern hotel, the staff are all very efficient and friendly and it is so convenient for all the travel connections. Food is good too. Only negative is that it is VERY hot and the air con in the bedroom is quite loud so you have to take your pick with either when tryiing to sleep. Other than that I would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear “she1959”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and also for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I’m sorry that you found the air conditioning to be hot in your room. I would be grateful if you would contact me as I would like to discuss this further with you in order to fix any issues that might be there. I’m delighted to see you enjoyed the remainder of your stay and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

gcallinan@thegibsonhotel.ie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sagres, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

This sleek modern hotel provided a nice overnight for my wife and I. The hotel is new, ultra sleek and convenient to the tram into downtown. Would recommend to anyone

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear “Tom1934”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and also for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I’m delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further convenience, please do note hesitate to contact me.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Superb service from staff , very responsive and helpful .
While not in the centre of town, is easily accessible via public transport .
Highly recommended !

• Stayed July 2012
, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear “superdin0”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in your hotel and that our team helped to contribute towards this. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

South-East
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Like most of the other guest have mentioned - it's new, modern and located some distance east of Dublin downtown, which really didn't matter to us since the tram stopped right outside the hotel. Since we're not into late nights anymore (LOL) we also took the tram back to the hotel at night (I think the tram stops running around midnight). The location was actually one of the reasons I chose this hotel, I figured it must be more quiet outside the centre of town. The surrounding area is greatly affected by Ireland's economical slump, lots of half finished building sites etc, but the hotel management can hardly be blamed for this.

We stayed here for 4 nights (husband, 16-year old daughter and myself). I got a good deal from booking.com, booked 2 rooms and asked for adjoining or rooms in the same corridor. After a quick check-in (very nice receptionist) we were pleasantly surprised when we discovered they had given us 2 adjoining rooms connected by 2 doors! Very popular with our 16-year old, who was allowed to stay by herself in one of the rooms.

The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated, both rooms had a small fridge, and there was a safe in one. We had an ok sized bathroom with a huge walk-in shower, we loved that! My daughter's bathroom was bigger, but the shower was in one corner with just a shower curtain to fend off the water, which of course meant the floor was flooded when she took a shower.

Our main complaint is about the air conditioning. It just doesn't seem to work properly. We turned the temperature way down, but it didn't seem to have much effect. We had to turn the fan speed down since it was quite noisy and my husband couldn't sleep (I wear air plugs so it doesn't bother me). Luckily it wasn't very warm in Dublin during our stay (is it ever?), but the room was still uncomfortably warm. Since the rooms have floor to ceiling windows with a sliding door and no window to open we weren't comfortable with the idea of sleeping with the door open.

Every single staff member we talked to was polite, pleasant and helpful.

We didn't eat at the hotel. We found the breakfast a bit pricey, and my daughter is horribly picky about breakfast, so we took the tram early in the morning and had breakfast elsewhere.

All in all I would certainly recommend this hotel to others who like to stay somewhere quiet, and I would go here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kimbob65
Dear “kimbob65”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and that our convenient location helped to make your stay all the more enjoyable. I am happy to see your found the team to be so helpful during your stay with us. I apologise if the air conditioning was not working correctly during your stay if you would like to discuss this, or any other matter, in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am also very pleased to see you would be happy to stay here again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Oran, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hop on the train and it takes you straight downtown and all over Dublin. Very nice hotel and great amenities.

Room Tip: Stayed in two different rooms and both were very nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear "JasonTodt",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. It is imperative that we receive as much feedback as possible in order to continually improve our service offering. If there is any other aspect of your that you would like to discuss in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Kind Regards.
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very modern hotel. Get a room with a balcony. They are shared but nice.
Location is a ways from main action but there is the light rail train immediately in front of hotel which will get you to the main street in 5 mins. Good breakfast

• Stayed June 2012
Dear “catherine60toronto”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and in particular your room and breakfast. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Surrey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you want a clean, modern and above all, good value hotel near Dublin city centre, then look no further than the Gibson Hotel. It is about a 15 minute walk from the main centre where the bars/restaurants are. Equally, there is the tram system as mentioned by other reviewers directly at the front of the hotel.

The other reviews are spot on and the hotel offered exceptional value for money when considering the normal highly inflated rates of other city hotels.

The hotel is very modern, with the entrance and reception area resembling more of an airport terminal than a traditional hotel. If you want old world charm, then this hotel is perhaps not for you.

The room was spacious and very modern, with a balcony, flat panel TV and large walk in shower (no bath). Tea/coffee making facilities were also provided.

The area where the hotel is situated has many modern, new buildings, but as with other countries that have been hit by the global recession, many of the new shop units and offices were empty, thus it had no real atmosphere. The close location to the city centre area made up for it though. Equally it is directly opposite the O2 stadium if you want to take in a show.

I cannot comment about the evening meal, but the inclusive breakfast was good, with a reasonable selection of hot and cold options. The staff are all generally young and helpful.

Would certainly return with no hesitation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear “FordM”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel from your room feature to our convenient location. We also have rooms that have baths so please don’t hesitate to request one on any future stays. I’m delighted that you would be so inclined to return and we look forward to welcoming you back. If I can be of any assistance with this, or with any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.