“May be modern, but it is really homely”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #21 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Tipperary, Ireland
“May be modern, but it is really homely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

I use this hotel if I need to go to Dublin for work or shopping as the Luas is right outside the door and takes you into the heart of Dublin. I can drive and park in the underground car park and then get the lift straight into the hotel. The rooms in the hotel have everything you need and the bed is really comfy. Some rooms have balconies and others you can walk out to a garden terrace.
Breakfast is really good and the bar food is excellent, with all the staff being very friendly and falling over themselves to help you.
Highly recommend this hotel for work or play!

Room Tip: Go up to a higher floor for the views
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Dear “LizM30”,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I am glad that we are your Hotel of choice when staying in Dublin and thank you also for recommending us for both business and leisure travellers. If there is any future requests I assist you with, such as a city view, please do not hesitate to contact me.

email:gcallinan@thegibsonhotel.ie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Kildare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We recently stayed here for one night. On checking in we met Sinead. A charming, informative & friendly front of house staff member.
We had a small problem with our room so she upgraded us to a junior suite. We had our 10mth old twins with us so this really was helpful as two cots would have been crowded in the standard room.
The design, furniture, fixings & fittings of this hotel are ultra contempory, modern and sleek.
As its a new hotel, it's also spotlessly clean, not to mention bright,airy & fresh. Every bedroom has a balcony & the suite had a v substantial one.
The bar/restaurants are on the 3rd floor offering lovely high views.
The food ( bar & restaurant) is excellent. And the staff so very helpful.
In all this is a fabulous 4* hotel.
The luas line runs outside the door
& the O2 is next door.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear “kerrygoldKildare”,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you for an upgrade to one of our Junior Suites. I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience in both our Bar and Restaurant and that you enjoyed the hospitality of our team. I hope that we do get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and please feel free to contact me if I can assist with any future bookings or requests.

Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Amazing hotel. Rooms very comfortable and hotel very modern and clean. There was a mix up on check-in with payment for my room a lady called Sinead dealt with the situation and was very helpful and pleasant. This hotel is right beside the O2.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank JacGalway
Dear “JacGalway”,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the effort and time that it takes to do so. I would like to apologise for mix that occurred on check in and I am pleased that my colleague was able to resolve this in a pleasant and helpful way. I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and if there is anything I can do to be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

IOM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stay at this hotel regularly whilst in Dublin on business and it's brilliant. I would recommend that anyone should stay here without hesitation!

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are particularly excellent!
Dear “KellyIom”,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of you recent stays with us. We greatly appreciate your return custom to us . If I can be of assistance with any requests that you may have for any future bookings , such as a room with a balcony , please do not hesitate to contact me.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We only had a chance to stay 1 night at the Gibson, and boy do I wish we could've extended our stay! We arrived late in the evening, front staff were helpful in pointing out that the restaurant closed shortly (should we need to eat).. We ended up ordering room service, which was prompt, tasty and reasonably priced for room service.

The Room - wow I loved the style of this hotel. It's modern - glass, light, gray, wood, pops of color. The attention to detail is amazing, the light under the bed! (whoa! what a great night light; wonderful way to avoid losing things!), lots of sockets (I hate hotels where there are never enough sockets, 2 people in a room, requires a minimum of 4 sockets). yes, there's a panel of clear glass from the bathroom to the main bedroom (it's kind of tough to get a look-ey look), which may not be for everyone, but i appreciated the light that flowed from the large windows, through to the bathroom. It was odd, that the audio from the TV came into the bathroom (we couldn't figure out how to turn it off).
Love that water is complimentary (finally, I hate how hotels tempt you with $6 bottles).

The Staff were amazing. As we were checking out of the hotel, I mentioned that I was interested in the designers for a few items in the room. The hotel manager on duty promptly gave me his card and asked me to follow up via email. He went above and beyond and tried to find the design information, and since it wasn't available, provided me with the information for the developers of the hotel for more information. Very much appreciated.

It's close to the Luas, which was only 10min from the city centre for exploring. Very convenient. If there's a concert at the O2, you can't be any closer! It's also the first stop on the Airport bus (from the airport), so it's a quick 20min ride.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear “Ace_Coco”,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the design of you room and the location of our Hotel. I am also delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations with our level of customer service. We would be pleased to welcome you back anytime and please feel free to contact me, if I can be of assistance with any future bookings.

cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed in the Gibson for two nights for my sisters 50th birthday..its a wonderful hotel modern ,beautiful open spaces /The rooms were great we had one room with a balcony overlooking the o2 the other was discribed as standard ...which it was not ,it was a large room with a very cool bathroom .
the beds are very comfortable and everything was spotless.
the location is perfect the Luas is outside the front door and this made the city very accessable so if you are heading to dublin check this out ....i am fairly fussy and this hotel ticked all the boxes

Room Tip: travel out of hotel for dinner
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear “fionaturley”,
I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable two nights stay with us while celebrating your Sister’s special occasion and thank you for taking the time to post you review. It was very pleasing to see that you found our location to be prefect and that you liked your rooms. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and I would be pleased to assist with any future bookings.

Aachen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

The Gibson offers great value for money and excellent service. I stayed only one night but was really impressed by the staff , the rooms , the free internet and the fact that there was a tramline directly in front of the hotel connecting you to the city every 10-15 mins. The rooms are probably 3 times the size of the European average and about 10 times more modern that the European average. I can' t comment on the restaurants because I had to leave at 5h30 am but it was a nice surprise to find a little travel breakfast waiting for me at reception.

Dear “geegas”,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you rate us so highly. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you with a travel breakfast and if you were to have any future requests that I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.