“Dull food, not as good as before”

Andersons Food Hall & Cafe
Ranked #1,011 of 2,638 Restaurants in Dublin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Took a notion last week and decided to make the trip to Andersons with my family. I ordered a nicoise salad. This consisted of 1 egg, 1 tomato, 4 french beans, lettuce, and a large piece of tuna in the centre, no dressing, no anchovies, nothing else. My husband had the fish pie and one of my daughters had a panini, nothing to write home about. It used to be such a lovely place to go, with really nice, tasty, good quality food. I won't run back in a hurry.

There are newer reviews for Andersons Food Hall & Cafe

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Not what it used to be, I used to eat here regularly but it seems to have lost it's shine, very expensive, not particularly well made coffee, owners trying to squeeze every cent out of you.

2  Thank 5715gracec
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Have been going here for years and I'm finally giving up ! The staff are rude & dismissive, they have always been that way inclined, but I just ignored it as the location suits me so well and I love the type of food they serve.
They are obviously on some type of portion control exercise. Scrambled egg with bacon & toast has become a spoonful of egg, a single slice of bacon & two slices of see through toast, it's cut so thin ! Oh and half a slice of uncooked tomato on the side. A couple of cent short of 8 euro for this is outrageous !
They also serve the milk for tea in tiny milk jugs and you are constantly having to try get the attention of the staff for a refill. I was there recently with two others, they brought 3 pots of tea with one tiny milk jug. Drives me nuts ! I've considered mentioning it, but I don't think they'd care.
Away with me to an eatery that gives good value for money and offers good customer service !

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Visited Anderson's recently for a late lunch with friends on a Monday afternoon. I had not been here in quite a while, having been a near regular in the past. I was delighted not to have to queue for a table as had been the norm and to find the menu was as varied and reasonably priced as I remembered. I was starving and once the order was eventually taken (it was not busy), I had a 30 minute wait for my meal to then discover it was not what I ordered. The girl serving me had not taken the order and seemed unable to handle the situation including an obvious apology. She came back 5 minutes later to deliver same followed by the girl who had taken the order and admitted she had written down the wrong choice. The correct choice arrived within 10 minutes. The quiche had the same generous filling as always but was not matched portion wise by the accompanying salads which ran out about half way through the slice. The fruit and custard tartlet was tasty and fresh and the coffee fine. No mention of the misplaced order was made on paying the bill and while I was happy to pay the bill in full, I thought the offer of a complimentary coffee refill would have been appropriate. So food as good as ever but room for improvement on service/customer service.

1  Thank Kingsey
Reviewed September 14, 2012

On the whole Anderson's is a lovely little restaurant just off Griffith Avenue, an area admittedly not famed for many restaurants!! So I guess there aint much competition.............and that perhaps is the nub of the problem.......
I visited this evening on the way home from work (which I do fairly regularly). I had the two course dinner - the prawns for starter were very nice, and very garlicky (which I Love). For the main course I fancied the fish but not the vegetables in tomato sauce (or at least that was what I understood from the menu). The waitress said she would check if the tomato sauce could be left out. She came back some time later and said that as the fish was cooked in the tomato sauce then it couldn't. Fair enough. I then asked for the chicken/pesto/fusilli dish. This was tasty enough but the portion was humungous - enough food to feed three grown men!!! I managed to eat about a quarter of it.
The total cost of the meal (plus one pot tea) was €21.95.
This in my opinion is not ghood value for money, and so mentioned it to the gentleman at the till. This gentleman completely ignored my comment, not even an acknowledgement of my remark. To put it mildly I felt that he was very rude.

I work with the public, and if one of our clients come in with a comment or complaint it is investigated and a full response given to the person making the comment / complaint.

Why do restaurant staff and management feel they can completely ignore their clients i.e the diners? Is itr because of the aforementioned lack of competition ?

1  Thank MistyGLEN1127