“Cold but worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Glidetours - CLOSED

Glidetours
More attraction details
Owner description: GlideTours are the premier Segway Tour operator in Ireland. We seek to provide a unique tourist experience by offering a "Futuristic Glide through History."
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
134 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Cold but worth it!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had the most wonderful guide, Hugh. The day I was to take my Segway tour, it was cold, sprinkling and windy, so Hugh offered to cancel and refund my money. But I decided to go for it anyway, and he said we could do it for 30 mins and if I changed my mind, he would still refund my money.

Well, I got my helmet and scooted off for a test drive (I've done Segways before, so I didn't need a lesson) and then we both headed off. Hugh was very informative and explained a lot, not just about the sights and buildings, but also about current and past Irish culture (which I just absolutely eat up!)

After 1 1/2 hours (it was to be a 2 hour tour), my hands were frozen so I asked if we could return early, and he said ok. Even then, he said he would refund my money! I insisted he not since we had been gone for most of the tour. But this is just indicative of how accommodating and kind he was.

The tour ends (and starts) at the Jeannie Johnston Tall Ship, so after the Segway tour, I recommend taking the guided tour of the ship.

Visited September 2012

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Perfect way to see Phoenix Park”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My friend and I were lucky enough to have a tour with just the 2 of us and the guide Philip. The weather was perfect and Phil was very knowledgable and friendly. I cannot think of a better way to see the sights of Phoenix Park. This tour should be on everyone's to do list in Dublin! Would do it again!

Visited August 2012
Ireland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Good fun - even in the rain”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

the Phoenix Park tour was good fun, and even the rain didn't intrude as good quality wet weAther gear was supplied. Our guide was relaxed and informative, and it only took a few minutes to get the hang of the Segway. after two hours we felt like we could stay in them all day - what more can you say. Recommended.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank doppios
Claremont, California
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The Glide tour of the docklands was disappointing as it covered the area of the reclaimed wharfs, but it just isn't very attractive or interesting.  Lots of vacant buildings and failed high-rise develpments. Hugh tried his best to tell us the history of the area, but we couldn't whip up much enthusiasm. A Segway tour of the old town would be much more interesting, but the narrow sidewalks crowded with tourists would not work.  The vacant docks are great for Segways, but you could find a more interesting thing to do in Dublin

Visited June 2012
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A brilliant way to see some of the most interesting sights if Dublin”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We took a Segway tour of Phoenix Park. Everyone in our group (from 35 to 60s) had great fun and found the tour really interesting. The Segway itself is the highlight: they are brilliant fun and really very easy to use. We'll do the docks tour next time we're in Dublin.

1 Thank hungry_harborough