“Ok food - seating is better upstairs”
Review of the Clarendon Bar - CLOSED

the Clarendon Bar
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish, European
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Located on a small street, just a block or two off of one of Dublin's favorite walking and shopping districts. Good food, atmosphere & service.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ok food - seating is better upstairs”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This place was listed in the LP guidebook. After a whole afternoon walking around we ended up in this part of town and just wanted a quick bite nearby so it seemed a good choice. The restaurant has several floors, first floor a small basic bar area, however the upper floors has more interesting seating sections, intimate booth seats as well as cute little corner seats around the staircase next to a glassed-in front, cozy yet good view of street down below. We had the day’s special: sword fish steak, came on a bed of snow peas and cream of potato soup. Food not that remarkable but was inexpensive and fairly adequate for a cafe/bar. A good place to hang out and relax especially if you have one of the seats with a view (would have had a different experience if we were able to get a better table!).

• Visited June 2012

Cork
“Good pints, nice food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I spent a great evening in the Clarendon Bar with some friends. Had tuna with lime &chilli dressing - it was perfectly cooked - delicious. Really good pints of Guinness and the staff were very friendly. I'll definitely be going back.

• Visited October 2012
Waterford, Ireland
“Looks can be deceiving”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I must say that when I entered the bar, I did not think much of it. It was dark and did not look great, however the food was fab. The caesar salad was the nicest that I have ever tasted. Very cheap and portions were a good size.

• Visited September 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Lunch Deal”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Passing by here other day decided on lunch, as board outside with the lunch menu writing on it look good. I went for the mild chicken Korma, it didn't taste of Korma just a mild curry flavour, presentation wasn't good either as the sauce smothered the rice which at first I just taught it was served with only chips. The apple crumble for dessert was good. took about fifteen minutes get dessert. Total was €9.95. Staff were friendly.

• Visited September 2012
Dublin
“Worst Sunday afternoon service ever!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

On Sunday the 12/8/12 myself 26 and my boyfriend popped in here for a bit to eat.big mistake.beautiful lookin pub but awful service.jus to clarify there we two table full outside and one inside and 2 waitress.not busy at all.so after 15 minutes of sitting without a menu i went and got my own.then i had to go to the bar to order my own food after another 20 minutes.45 minutes later my garlic bread and starter came out wit no apology jus basically flung at me.we quickly ate and of course had to go up ourselves to pay.upon enquiring why such a delay the brown haired waitress rolled her eyes and said to the blonde haired waitress Jesus!
Oh im sorry if we put u out, we wer then informed a new chef was being trained in.that was no excuse for the disgracefully poor service.management might want to the mystery shop there own food experience.so on Leaving the other tables we complaining surprise surprise.

2 Thank sarahgibcon