“A fun way to spend an hour” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of National Leprechaun Museum

National Leprechaun Museum
Ranked #58 of 498 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Step into another world where nothing is quite what it seems. Discover the sounds, sights, stories,and magic of mythical Ireland,land of the leprechaun!Your journey begins with a look at representations of the leprechaun through the ages. On your journey you will explore the relationship between landscape, folklore, story-telling and magic. Expect the unexpected as you move through the playful and fascinating world of the leprechaun.
Colchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A fun way to spend an hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I visited with 3 of my girlfriends and we are all aged 23-24. We had a really good laugh during our tour, mostly at trying to clamber on the enormous chairs made to make you feel like a Leprechaun!
The guide was very enthusiastic and got everybody interacting. The story telling was very animated and enjoyable, even as girls in our 20s.
We were surprised at how short the experience was, and also that there was very little of an actual museum to look around and take in the stories.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Sonja255

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
San Jose, California, USA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Was entertaining but could have used more.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We took the Friday night "This Dark Land" tour on April 12th. It starts out quickly and got more than a few screams from the group. You are constantly looking over your shoulder as you move through. Unfortunately the scariness factor goes down quite a bit as you get about half way through.

The actors/actresses were all very good and specifically the actress that played the daughter was outstanding. The story told throughout the tour is interesting and entertaining. The ending is bizarre but in some ways perfect.

This is probably not for everyone but our group had a good time.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jdshscja
Fife
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Fun for the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I know the place is short tour but very interesting for your kids to hear friendly guider's amazing story telling about Leprechaun and history. To take lots of photo with your kids with fun background as they got huge chairs and a table and others. The tour is on every an hour and best you get discount ticket or volunteer card, get it from your hotel or hostel or from online first. They got a shop as well. We went there last November 2012 and enjoyed the story selling.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Babyface J
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Waste of money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Really disappointed. I purchased a voucher to attend. If I had of paid full price I would have been asking for my money back. I also sent an email complaining about how much of a let down the place is to Irish Culture but nobody replied. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY GOING!!

3 Thank Lynn T
Nampa, Idaho
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“There is some gold, no leprechauns.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I found a coupon good for a free gift from the National Leprechaun Museum at my hotel and instantly became very excited that such a place existed. It had been a running joke my whole trip that I was searching for Leprechauns in Ireland. I thought this was the perfect place to narrow my search.

After easily finding the National Leprechaun Museum I was so excited that the steep admission price didn't put a damper on my dreams of finding small guys in green. The waiting room I was herded into after parting with my money did have a nice collection of Irish folklore and leprechaun memorabilia. Sadly I didn't have much of a chance to check it all out because of the number of people and small size of the room. Our tour guide was very good at her job and was able to keep the children in the group playing along while quickly telling folklore stories for everyone else.

I had hoped to find displays of shamrocks and pots or gold neatly kept behind glass with informative plaques near by but that wasn't the case. Instead our group of 10 or so was led from room to room full of very nicely built mind tricks aimed at making me feel like a leprechaun or a tourist in a tourist trap.

I did enjoy the stories but I was distracted from fully listening to them because I was continually thinking about the next room and if it would have leprechauns under glass or a video of a possible leprechaun sighting. A written account of an Irish farmer who said he saw a leprechaun would have worked too. After about six rooms I realized I should just start hoping there would be a well stocked gift shop.

The gift shop finally came but it was lacking on gifts. I searched and searched for a t-shirt but all the shirts my size (XL) or close to my size were sold out. My coupon that led me to the National Leprechaun Museum in the fist place did get me a moderately cool multicolor pencil. I would recommend checking out their very nice selection of books about Irish folklore. They have some really nice, well written books! Hopefully they will get more t-shirts.

After the tour and gift shop stop was done the group was pointed to the door out to the street. It was just that, a back door to a back street. It took me a moment to figure out where I was and whether or not I had just been robbed.

If you're looking for a classic museum with leprechauns, this isn't the place. If you are looking for a place to spend your Euros and hear some fast paced folklore stories before heading back to your home, this is your place.

Visited March 2013