“Average - not bad, but not memorable”
Review of Cortina's - CLOSED

Cortina's
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Wicklow, Ireland
“Average - not bad, but not memorable”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Myself and my wife popped in to Cortina's last night for dinner (Bank Holiday Sunday night). There were only 4 other tables occupied. I had a nacho dish to start, which was nice, but very heavily inflated with black beans.

For mains, my wife had chicken fajitas and I had enchilladas -both were tasty. My enchilladas had pinto beans on the side (huge portion). I feel the dishes are heavily influenced by beans, something I have not experienced in any other Mexican restaurant I have eaten in.

We shared a dessert (cheesecake - delicious). Washed down with 2 beers and 3 cokes, the bill was only a shade over €60 which I felt was good value. Good attentive service was also provided.

Unsure if I would return, but overall it was an enjoyable evening.

• Visited October 2013

Moorpark, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Service”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stopped by the restaurant becasue the menu looked interesting. I was seated right away. The waiters and waiteress walked by the table multiple times without acknowledging I was sitting there. After sitting for more than 5 minutes of being ignored I finally walked out.

• Visited September 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“A lovely Mexican dining experience”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had tried a few of the eateries in the Pembroke District but today we wanted to try something new. We opted for Cortina’s and what a lovely Mexican dining experience we had here.

We ordered one tapas to share as a starter. Then for mains I opted for another tapas dish and my partner went for a main. While waiting for our starter we checked in on the Yelp app and found that we could get a free Margarita with any main course as a check in offer – score! My partner gave me his free drink to me – double score! I went for a blended Margarita with salt and it was lush. So good I ordered another one when I was finished the first.

Back to the food, the starter we had was the tapas dish Totopos con Chile, to which we added an extra topping of beef. It was delicious. It was like no other dressed nachos we’ve ever had before. It was more authentic Mexican instead of TexMex.

My main was the deep fried boldness called Flautas de Pollo, three crispy chicken and cheese filled tortillas. Very very nice. My Partners main was the pork Burroti Mojado, a massive dish that will fill you up. It was very tasty and fresh.

Everything here was served up fresh. The staff were friendly and polite. The food was very prompt too.

We are both looking forward to our return visit here.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cristin L
Bristol
“Nothing amazing but fine”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Food wasn't bad. The refillable salsa, with rather greasy tortilla, was good. Service good. Worth a try.

• Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible Food, Excellent Cocktails and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

What I love about Cortinas is the huge choice in the menu. If you're looking for something slightly smaller, they have deliciously filling quesadillas, nachos and other delights. And if you're looking for a full main course, the options are endless. Needless to say, you'll never leave Cortinas hungry.

On the dessert menu, the chocolate lava cake is simply incredible.

• Visited May 2013