“Great Margaritas!”

Neighborhood: South City Centre
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Margaritas!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Myself and my husband have been to Cortina's on two different Friday nights in recent weeks. Since they only take reservations for larger groups, the first time we went we had to wait for about 20 minutes for a table. Otherwise, we really enjoyed the experience. It's a very relaxed restaurant and great for a casual dinner. They also have a good bar which includes a wide range of tequila. We really enjoyed the food. I especially enjoyed the "La Carne Molida Enchiladas" and we both loved the "Silver" margaritas which were very tasty. Overall I'd say the service was decent, although we did have to remind the waitress about our Salsa & Chips order. We still really enjoyed our dinner both nights and we'll definitely be heading back again.

• Visited April 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Limited Menu but......”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Cortina's is located on the 'strip' (the Pembroke area) which houses mainly restaurants - situated between Harvey Nichols and Hamleys. My daughter and I decided to give it a try for lunch. It was quite busy on that day for some reason but we were seated quickly. The ambiance is cool and laid back and the decor is relaxing - lots of wood with accents of green and orange. There could be a little more room between tables as they are so close you can't help but hear your neighbours conversation.

Our waitress was attentive and very pleasant - without being intrusive. We ordered guacamole for starters. The guaramole was delicious and the tortilla chips plentiful. Our Mains were Cabo Taco Salad, served in a tortilla shell. My daughter added prawns and pronounced herself well satisfied with it. I ordered chicken fajitas and they were accompanied by red rice, sweetcorn tomalito, salsa roja and pinto beans. They came already wrapped - which denied me the pleasure of 'making' them myself !! However, they were tasty and just spicy enough for me.

We had a couple of their tequila cocktails which were tasty and refreshing. But..... the jewel in the crown was the 'Warm Chocolate Lava Cake' with Pistachio, vanilla or chocolate ice-cream. We went for the Pistachio ice-cream - excellent choice as it turned out. The cake itself was moist and warm and the ice-cream absolutely delicious. Coffees rounded off the meal nicely.

Cortina's don't have a very extensive menu - I get the impression that they are deliberately concentrating on a limited menu and going on the premise of what they do, they do well. The food is good - but not brilliant. It's good to see that they offer separate memus for 'Dairy Free'. 'Wheat free' and 'Gluten free' rather than just a small corner on the main menu.

I feel that Cortina's have got the basics right - in time I think they will expand their options. I hope they don't increase their prices at the same time as they are quite reasonable at the moment.

• Visited March 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Mexico without the tequilla or Mexican food!!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

There were 5 of us, and these were the negative points:-

- Table took a very long time. In fact waitress forgot about us
- we ordered a round of tequila's and they served us water!! They did apologise and give us another round. Apparently a member of the bar staff had stolen the tequila and replaced with water.
- There were 5 of us and we ordered a mixed platter with everything x2, and to be honest the food was tasteless, unimaginative and bland. We were all disappointed with the food.
- the drinks and food were over priced.

Positives:-

- liked the interior decor, especially the candles
-being able to leave and knowing never to go back

We found this place to have poor level of service, they cheated us out of drinks, the food was very poor and as such felt it was time to post my first ever review to try stop this happening to anyone else. We expected a true Mexican experience and Cortinas did not deliver.

• Visited March 2013
DUBLIN
“Love the tortillas and dips”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is one of my favourite restaurants in Dublin for tortillas and salsas and guacamole. They also refill them for free, which is great.

• Visited January 2013
“terrible food,brutal drinks,and rip off prices!!!!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went here on a double date the food was awful,we ordered three portions of wings to start and four main courses and four diet cokes(not diet coke at all tasted like some cheap branded version and totally flat) the waitress returned to tell us that in fact they only had two portions of wings left at 7pm in the evening!!! we opted for two portions and picked nachos to subsitute the lack of wings!!! we orderd a portion of the ghost wings in which my partner had to sign a waiver which was fine and a portion of the regular wings, upon returning with the wings the waiter hands the ghost wings to the WRONG person!!!which nearly had a disasterous outcome.Had the person who recieved the wrong portion of wings actually ate them tjis resturant would have a law suit against them!!! The wings were terrible no meat and just covered in sauce (small portions also) Main courses were also terrible, whole experience was terrible and for a bill of 120 euro a mc donalds would have been more satisfying, i wouldnt recommend this restaurant to any of my friends!!!

• Visited January 2013