“Amazing B&B, Great Value”

Abbington House B&B
Ranked #118 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 23, 2010

This is an amazing B&B. The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was really comfortable. The shower pressure was very strong. The full Irish breakfast was delicious. Martin was one of the best hosts ever and was very helpful with advice to see the city. The location was perfect because it was right on bus route 16 and 41 from the airport. And the same buses also take you to the city center which was only 10-15 minutes away. There were also a lot of restaurants and fast food places nearby. Overall, it was a great place to stay. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 18, 2010

I arrived at Abbington House alone, having fallen out with the person I was travelling with.
Abbington House is very clean and well maintained. Despite the fact that I was alone, from the moment I arrived I felt comfortable and safe!!
Very approachable, friendly and helpful, Martin and Audrey were very informative regarding events, tourist attractions, local transport, restaurants and pubs. There was also a large selection of tourist information available in the breakfast room.
The facilities were far superior to the large hotel group (in Dublin 4) I had previously stayed in. I.e. the Wireless Lan, comfort and cleanliness of the room and the customer service, even the tea & coffee making facilities!!
The Breakfast room is clean and comfortable. There is a selection of fresh fruit, cereals and juices and you can help yourself to as much filter coffee as you like.
The delicious Irish breakfast is served in the morning at a time which is convenient to the guest and with options of more toast etc.
Abbington House is a very well run B&B, it is clear that the young couple who run it care a lot about their B&B and the happiness of their guests!!
I will definitely stay here again and am so impressed I have taken business cards to recommend them to my friends when they visit Dublin!!
I can't praise Martin & Audrey enough!!!! What Amazing hospitality!!!
They restored my faith in Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2010

No complaints with our choice of Abbington B & B. Martin was a gracious host and was very helpful with suggestions of things to see and do. The full Irish breakfasts were a real treat (my wife said, "Too much food"); the room, though small, was very clean (as was the entire establishment); the location is easily accessible to airport and city center via buses 16A and 41. B & B is just a block or so from bus stop. We would certainly stay there again. Loved what we saw of the Emerald Isle (Dublin, Wicklow Tour, and train to Galway and return).
--Ohio couple

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Lovely B+B. Extraordinarily clean! We felt like the first people to ever be staying in our room. Easy walking distance to several theatres and o'connel street (and graften, if you dont mind for walking 30+ mins). Lots of nice restaurants and cafes in easy walking distance. Free wifi worked excellently. only negatives- breakfast a little on the small side, room also a bit small- but this is what you get for 45 euro a night... the cleanliness and location more than makes up for it!

Re- what someone else has said about it being in an unsafe part of town, I don't think this is true. It is slightly off the main road in a more resdiential/studenty type road, so doesn't feel as touristy, but I don't think this automatically makes it unsafe...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarcalogos
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I thought I did my research. I read all the prior reviews of Abbington House before booking and just read them again after returning from our trip and I can't honestly figure out where the other people stayed. After a terrible time finding the place, we arrived in a really bad part of town, only to find know one home. After waiting in our car for a time we were then greeted by I am assuming a neighbor who I guess was to help us. He let us in and tried to check us in. We were the only people there, no owner, no family nothing. really strange. Owner was on holiday in Spain! First room he showed us was super small, so we asked to move to other room, which was OK but on the front of the house on street which made for endless noise and "no sleep". Code for internet didn't even work and we wanted to do was get out of there!!! We were booked for 3 nights and he asked us to pay for the first night in advance, (strange).had to drive somewhere to find an evening meal since there was nothing within a close (safe) walk. The next morning some women was in the kitchen cooking (never found out who she was) She offered only Full Irish breakfast which was pretty bad. Owner never showed, we hightailed it for a safer location in a hotel in Dublin. Since Dublin was at the end of our 12 days in Ireland this B&B could have really ruined it. The owner has another B&B so maybe the good reviews are for that property. Still am amazed at our experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travelcouple27
billyl, Owner at Abbington House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2010

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to put your views out to other potential guests. I welcome good and bad comments with open arms and fix if we can but i think my wife and family are allowed a holiday after a busy season without having to be judged on it. I apologise i wasn't there but maybe as it was the end of your holiday you were tired and just needed to get home as 12 days traveling is a long time thats why i only took 6 and enjoyed it. With regard to the location that is a matter of opinion again which you are entitled to but our former Leader of our Country Mr Bertie Ahearn only lives just around the corner. Properties around here sell on the open market for the region of one million euro. I'm happy living in a dodgy area like this and that is not been big headed. I think the previous comments of other people are through of the location and welcome that people always get and just look at the website and make your own minds up. An irish welcome awaits.

Reviewed August 21, 2010

Thanks Martin & Audrey for a lovely stay. Martin prepares a lovely breakfast. Very helpful with bus timetables and also restaurants in the area. Also helped us with accommodation for the rest of Ireland. Thanks heaps for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Very friendly owners, giving excellent tips for dinner / ways to go downtown.
Nice and comfy rooms, excellent breakfast.
Recommended place.