“Disappointed”

Neighborhood: South City Centre
Cork, Ireland
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I booked a reservation for V-Day night (a Sunday) as we were in Dublin for the night for work and needed a place to eat. I booked a reservation as I thought places might be booked up for the occasion. I wasn't trying to wine-and-dine my girlfriend, but just looking for a good meal. Much to my surprise the menu that night was extremely limited - the Sunday Brunch and Roast. There were only 4 entrees, a roast sirloin, veg and mash, ling finger (essentially "fish fingers") and chips, steak sandwich or the fish of the day (happened to be mackerel). I was disappointed with the options especially considering it was V-day. No good fish in my opinion and no chicken! I ended up getting the roast sirloin, which immediately the waitress told me that it was served medium rare. Of course when it came out it was dry as a bone. My girlfriend got soup and salad as she prefers not to red meat and the fish options were weak. The soup was OK, but nothing special. The wine was good, but the first glass that I got was covered in finger prints and the last patrons lipstick. Additionally the music in the place was extremely loud so we had to either be close talkers or raise the level of our voice above normal. The only saving grace was that the bill was on the order of €40 total, so at least we didn't pay much for an awful meal. Maybe it was just an isolated bad experience, but we will not be headed back and I would not recommend it to anyone.

2 Thank trevorjmahoney