“A Plesent Delight”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My partner, his mum and I visited The Exchequer on a wet Monday evening in September. The restaurant staff were very attentive throughout the evening from the moment we arrived until we left.

We missed the starters and had drinks while waiting for the meal. Took twenty minutes to serve which was explained to us at the time of ordering and we had no problems. We came to relax, chat and eat. The glass of Malbec was ideal to accompany the lamb, while my Heineken was perfect with the steak which was medium cooked. For dessert we had the cheese board which again posed no problems.

Overall we enjoyed the meal, which wasn't cheap but was delicious and served by delightful staff. The reason for four out of five, is that it didn’t wow, just delighted

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The food was bad for the price, I take the crab and crayfish salad, and I found a lots of shelled in my plate... it's ok if i found a little bit but it was really to much, and the sauce was not tasty it was juste a simple spicy mayonnaise, and it was write with asparagus and i Have only one in my plate ... to follow I take a rib eye, the cook was perfect ! but the sauce really liquid and not tasty, and the french beans was really not enough cooked. but the service was nice, It was a really nice waitress with the smile !
at the end I never comeback to eat in this restaurant to eat ! but maybe to take a drink !

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Comfortable Gastro-pub with imaginative cocktails and gourmet variations or Irish standards. Irish food with spices and sauces added.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The cocktails here are amazing and the food is not bad either. Check out the cucumber and mint daiquiri and the farm house gin cobbler for truly amazing examples of cocktail making. Great for first dates and catching up with old mates.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went here for my cousin's 40th, we were a group of 8. The food was excellent, and interestingly presented, and the service was great - not too present, only there when we needed them. They also do excellent cocktails here - I had the cucumber mojito and it was DELICIOUS. Definitely a great choice for a special occasion that won't break the bank.