“Tasteless and generic”

Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: www.menuepagres.ie
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I ate here last Friday and I can't see what all the fuss is about. I love Indian/Pakistani cuisine and would consider myself well educated as to what a good meal is. The presentation of the food was great but the flavours just weren't there.I had crab claws for starters and my wife has the murgh tikka.Both were bland. She had a jalfrezi curry and I had a traditional Pakistani (the name of which escaped me) curry yet both seemed to have the same sauces on them.Both were just pieces of chicken covered in a very watery sauce.The rice and peshwari naan were great though.
The deserts on the other hand were excellent, very well decorated and the poached pear tasted great. Price is a little steep but it advertised as fine dining(which it is not).My local Indian take away is far nicer.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Visited the Castleknock branch of this restaurant last night and I cannot describe how delicious the food was. from start to finish the food, service, wine and ambience of the restaurant was excellent. our water glasses were topped up very regularly by the waiter who did this in a really unobtrusive way. The menu has a range of very unusual ethnic specialities and between the four of us we sampled a number of them. each and every one was delicious - the talipia starter and the beef with naan (cant remember the name sorry) were deemed to be the winners on the night. We all had deserts and my poached pear with homemade ice-cream was fabulous. All of the food was presented very well and it was almost a pity to disturb the presentation in order to eat! This is a gem of a restaurant and I can't believe I have neve eaten here before now - I will definitely return.

1  Thank dubfam
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Great choice. Great food. Great service. Prices are acceptable.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Food is fit for a king , but you'd wanna be as rich as a king to eat here expect 25 euros for a main coarse

Reviewed March 18, 2012

The best Indian restaurant around, very well priced. Am an exteremly regular customer and will always go here over other Indian in the area! Perfect evening out!

1  Thank RoisinS1102