“Never again!!!!!!”

La Dolce Vita
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: We call ourselves La Dolce Vita. We are an Italian wine bar. We house big variety of selected Italian cheese, salami, grilled vegetables, authentic Italian sauces, crostini biscuits, melted chocolate to match with the largest selection of our good value Italian wines.
“Never again!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Hi, I was in Dolce Vita with 6 friends last Sunday 16 December. We ordered main course - I gnocchi with prawns, my boyfriend rice with prawns. I got maybe 10 small gnocchi with mostly empty shells and ONE prawn- there was maybe a 100 gram of everything, my boyfriend got not bigger portion of rice. We asked waitress to get the proper main course not a starter, so she said that if we are not happy we can go downstairs to talk to chief. I thought its a joke. I said that this gnocchi were in main course list and 100 gram with one prawn is not really what I order. After while the chief came and nearly shouted me that there was a proper 200 gram and I got only one prawn but more mussels!!! If I am hungry I can order next one.
That was absolutely rude!!!!!! Later some of us order dessert - it was also very small for a 6 euro price. My boyfriend didn't get milk for tea. Even the win was small there. We wanted to have a nice evening - but we were treated badly and went home hungry. Never again

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank EgirlDublin

“Sensational Saturday NIght”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I'm not much of a connoisseur of fine foods but had an absolutely fantastic Saturday night here with a couple of friends. Live band had the entire restaurant captivated. Food is reasonably priced , though you ended up spending quite a lot on wine because we didn't want to leave.

• Visited November 2012
Lucan, Ireland
“Good food, casual service”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Went on a Friday evening for a drink, service so laid back that you can seat and sip your excellent wine for ages no one push you to consume more. But seeing and smelling the food from the tables around we ended up taking a platter composed of a nice selection of Italian cheese, ham, olives and a basket of bread, we could not finish it.

There was a singer and a guitarist, it's a chilled and cool place, its good for casual dinning with friends or colleagues on a Friday night as service is not most effective but its part of the charm a l'Italienne.

• Visited October 2012
Dublino, Irlanda
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went for sunday luch and the was only 1 girl on the floor and one in the kitchen. Way to little for 2 floor restaurant. The service was way to slow and we got surprise for the seafood risotto. It came out as seafood soup with rice. It was clear that the rice was add after the fish was cooked and not togheter as suppose. The parmiggiana was poor as well. But the most disappointment was wine. We got charge €40.00 for a bottle of Gewurztraminer which was offer to as after we choose 2 wine that were not in stock ( €26.00 each )

1 Thank RobertoBoico
“Great Antipasto”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We had the antipasto plate here which included Italian meats and cheeses, accompanied by good Italian bread and bread sticks and a number of dips It was fantastic. It was all washed down with some glasses of decent house wine. This is a place I want to check out for an evening meal.

• Visited March 2012