Citi Backpackers Hostel
$202
$182
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$123
$119
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 1, 2013

One of the dirtiest hostels I stayed in. Although saying this we had two different rooms, one of them being really okish and clean the other one just outrageously dirty and noisy. The bathroom in the first room was falling apart (not to mention the obvious dirt). I wanted to wash my hands in the basin, and the whole sink started dislodging from the wall and tipping towards me.The shower looked like a fridge with shower head and prison bars. As other comments have mentioned: absence of toilet paper and soap. The beds were clean though and at least the room smelled fresh to evoke an illusionary cleanliness. The worst thing was the french girl at reception, incredibly rude attitude and unhelpful. She always hung out with her friend at the desk and every time we approached here you could see her feeling bothered about having costumer contact and wishing to get rid of us so that she can take up smoking at the desk with her friend again. Extremely rude beyond words. The Italian man was welcoming towards us though and provided us with city maps and advice.
I definitely won't come back to this hostel but I am also asking myself if there are better hostels for the same price (15 Euros per night) in this area in Dublin?? The other ones which we passed on our way looked equally as scuzzy...The location was good for us as it was convenient to walk into the city and to take the tram to the the train station (Heuston) from where we had to catch an early train (our lucky and quick escape from this grimy place).However, as hope dies last I keep hoping that there are better budget hostels with nicer staff to be found in Dublin. So definitely try somewhere else!!!!

Room Tip: there are huge differences between the rooms. As mentioned above, we had two rooms and one of them really wasn't that bad. If they give you one of the grimy ones insist of moving into another one. But as said in my review, don't bother going to this hostel in the first place!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank maimay88
Reviewed May 14, 2013

After having read previous reviews I don't want to spend much time on saying what was wrong about it. Yes, no toilet paper, booze and drugs inside the rooms. This alone might have been just rather fine for another cheapie but the staff is worth a couple of words. The guy with an Italian accent (supposedly manager Michael) is a very rude person who seriously offended me (it also happened to be even more rude because I am a disabled person, and I had to experience inconvenience due to his attitude). He is also no professional (no need to say about customer-oriented business he has apparently never believed in). Enough about this miserable person. That's it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank egogor
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Honestly fellas that hostel is the worst hostel in Dublin!!!!! I passed 7 night overthere an I won't come back for any reason!!cold bedrooms..!!! Dirty toilets!!! 2 plugs each 10 beds room!!! Dirty kitchen!!!
Impolite stuff!! I don't wanna say more but trust me if u can read this review.. Please... Don't book your holiday in that hostel.. You're gonna regreat!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Ronnie132
Reviewed January 27, 2013

THE GOOD STUFF: Beds were super comfy, really really good beds and having a double and a single in one room is handy. Having an ensuite for such a cheap price is a bonus. Central location. Nice staff.

THE BAD STUFF: Someone forgot that there are huge big street lights at the front of the hostel, the cream coloured curtains let ALL the light in I kept waking up all night thinking it was sunrise because of the big fake sun in the window. Stupidly noisy all night long. Bathroom was nearly unusable toilet didn't flush.

Not recommended at all unless you have a rediculously tight budget are only staying one night and have an eye mask to block the light.

Room Tip: Away from road frontage if this is possible.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank L and S M
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hostel is not worth staying at. I spent two nights here simply because I had a car and car parking is at a premium in Dublin. The living room was putrid and had two older drunk men sitting in it yelling at the tv. Toilet in my room barely flushed, the shower leaked and the whole experience was only what I can imagine a half way home to be like. We also had staff repairing walls at 8 a.m waking everyone up. Avoid this place!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple