“Good food, decent service, nice atmosphere…that works’ for me.”
Review of Murray's Bar

Murray's Bar
Ranked #177 of 2,802 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a family run pub on Dublin's main street in Dublin city. Call into us for a tasty meal or a great pint!
Reviewed September 16, 2013

During our stay in Dublin (3 nights of our 11-night trip), we ate at Murray’s twice. We first found Murray’s based on the recommendation of other members of our tour group. The location was very convenient to our lodging (The Belvedere) and the food was very good. My wife said that she has a new favorite with the grilled shrimp, even with beets in the mix (she hates beets). I had the fish and chips. I think this was the best presentation I’ve even seen for that dish. Did I mention that the “plates” were slabs of slate? So the slab of slate, a pool of a tartar sauce sort of dressing, and two very nice pieces of breaded cod with cherry tomato halves over the top. The presentation was very appetizing and more importantly it tasted great (not necessarily the best fish and chips I have had, but still very good). The service started out great but petered out as there were only two servers for the whole place, and the joint was packed. But they kept up pretty well, so it was not too big of a deal. We split the brownie for dessert. A definite return date is needed here!

Our second visit to Murray’s was on our last night of the trip, which was a Sunday, so some of the restaurants were closed and the others were packed due to the football game today. My wife wanted to return to Murrays anyway, so off we went. Even with the crowds, we only had to wait a minute or so for a table; we ended up at the same table from our visit earlier in the trip. My wife had the same shrimp dish as before, but she said it was not as good as the first time…seemed like it was missing something. I tried the beef and Guinness pie, Irish meat and taters. It was good, but a little on the bland side. Service was still good, particularly considering that the place was packed.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,977)

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We drifted into Murrays 9 Aug 2013 after walking from Talbot Street to the Sinn Fein shop on Pearse St, The staff was friendly, the atmosphere great, the food good and the portions HUGE.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this pub on our way back from a walking tour and decided to have lunch. What a great decision! We ordered and the scrumptious food was delivered to our table within 5 minutes, I couldn't believe it. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal and we also had nice beers. Highly recommend it as a place to stop for a meal or drink.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, great atmosphere...if you wanna see a soccer match of you favourite non-irish team for sure you will find it there...

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Drop by this wonderful pub and have some delicious goat cheese appetizer and/or burger! They also make a great Long Island Tea! You MUST see The Gypsy's Band while you are there, they are a lot of fun!

1  Thank Lisa A